?12.50 decent line tent

tel

Fonz Awardee
excellent price, but for someone that doesn't 'sit' a bit on the squat side :(

Big.Dave

I looked at the link you provided it says it's water proof but is it because there is no mention of taped seams. What conditions have you used it in have you been to a shoot with a whole day of persistent rain and whats it like in the wind?

T101

I looked at the link you provided it says it's water proof but is it because there is no mention of taped seams. What conditions have you used it in have you been to a shoot with a whole day of persistent rain and whats it like in the wind?
i've used it for 2 seasons all weathers, and its only leaked a little in the 2nd season, maybe half a cup at the most, in very heavy wind/rain when its been left over night. i've been able 2 put it up on my own in high winds when other tents have failed with 3 people helping. and it doesn't fold/collapse once up either like others.

with some nikwax etc i think the waterproofing will come back to original, but not vital anyway. its still in good nick and no tears at seams or elsewhere. apart from the height issue, i can't stand up fully in it, i can't fault it really.

murfz51

Based on this thread, I bought one and only got to use it in anger for the first time today at the Middlesex York shoot. As a complete tent noob, I did struggle a bit to stick it up and was a bit jealous of the legions of pop-bivvy and Quecha pop up folk. But a couple more goes at using it and should be fine. Can't comment on waterproofness yet, but lots of plus points to consider:
Its cheap
Fast and smooth service from the shop (see link in first post)
Size is good
Its not a pop-bivvy or Quecha, so you'll be likely to spot your tent in the crowd!