Adjusting Axis grip

TJ Mason

Soaring
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
American Shoot
I found an old Hoyt catalogue online from when the Axis was launched. This states that the grip can be adjusted in increments of an eighth of an inch.
http://www.jvd.nl/catalog/pag2-7.pdf

How's this done, please? I can't see any way of adjusting the grip on my own Axis.

Mick

Ironman
The adjustment is made by taking off the grip (two screws, one each side of the grip ) and then arranging the packers (fibre plates that fit between the riser and the inside of the grip.)
Out of the factory it comes with one on either side of the riser, giving the grip a central position. If you put both packers on one side of the riser then the grip will be 1/8" offset to centre (left or right) depending on which side you put them.
The grip is not adjustable in any other way, for example you can't adjust it for low ,med or high grip other than re- modeling or replacing the grip.
Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Tarkwin

Prince Of Dorkness
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
is the riser multi-tapped....if you remove the existing grip is there more than one screw hole? - just a thought

Mick

Ironman
Tarkwin:
Can't remember off hand whether the hole through the riser goes right the way through or if it's two two threaded holes. Think it went right through ,they are certainley
in line.

TJ Mason

Soaring
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
American Shoot
Aha! Thanks Mick, I had assumed it meant the angle rather than the lateral adjustment.

There's only one threaded hole in the riser, BTW, though it would be easy to drill another. Not planning to, though!