Archery Butts....Bulk Buying

mediumtab

AIUK Saviour
Just wondering on here,from those responsible for ordering their Club's Straw Bosses...do you buy in quantities for Bulk Discount??
Our Club orders once a year (Egertec by choice) but other Clubs in the County all do their own thing.....hence no one gets the benefit of a bulk order, twelve bosses being a minimum pallet load.We tend to use six to eight a year.
I'd be interested if some area's have a buying policy...or not?:archer2:

grimsby archer

Buying groups only work if you get a good discount.
Discount on delivery charges is only worthwhile if you can distribute for free or low cost. In other words, a few quid off the delivery charges is no good if the bosses are delivered miles away and you have to spend to hire trailers or vans to collect.
On the other hand, if you have a van/trailer, delivery on a boss is upwards of ?10, so buying a few and collecting from the retailer/manufacturer might be cheaper than having delivery.

Flying Whale

Last year I think one of the Worcestershire clubs arranged a big order (36?), which were shared amongst various other clubs.

Can't remember the details, but you could drop Fan Hir a PM, since I think it was him.