Beiter Black Clicker

syedmk

Hi,

Just got few stuff I ordered from Alternative Sports. So I put the new Beiter black clicker (model 6-32z as stated on their site that it is for W&W) on my W&W Winex Riser. But it seems rather far from the clicker extension? Beiter don't recommend bending this model blade? Do I take off the green rubber spacer?

Photo 10-05-2013 22 55 15 (Custom).jpg

Those with W&W risers and this black Beiter clicker, mind sharing what you do with it?

Thanks,
syedmk

Mark31121

Ironman
Win & Win are covered by two clickers on the Beiter parts list, the only difference being that spacer from what I can see, if there isn't enough spring in it to click then remove the spacer if you can do it without damaging anything.

Else return it to alternative (at their cost if you gave them all of the information...)

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
Two options - remover the green bit or bend the clicker.
I always bend the clicker. I have never broken one. I like a good sharp click but without compressing the arrow on the button spring. I haven't tried a carbon one which I've seen loads of breakages even without bending.
If you remove the plastic bit you risk scratching the riser so put a bit of sticky backed plastic or similar to protect the it.

buzz lite beer

I've successfully put a bend in every black Beiter clicker I've ever had, take it off the bow, push your thumb into the clicker with your index and middle finger either side, but behind the clicker blade then draw your hand down the blade to create a sweeping radiused curve. then fix it back onto the bow

syedmk

Thanks all, I followed the bending suggestions and did it gently and all is good now. Clicking solid and well.. had to do a lot of sweeping radius curve indeed...