Book "Archery - An Olympic History 1900-2004"

D

Deleted member 74

Does anyone have this, from the FITA website? Is it any good - worth getting?

Murray

Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
Looks interesting but sorry, I haven't read it.

I once borrowed a bnook from Vittorio (all in Italian unfortunately), which had the best history of modern archery I've ever seen, I hope it's a translation of that book, because it was outstandingly good.

joetapley

Have looked at it.
Some nice old photos. Prose is a bit turgid along the lines X won Y in 19XX.
If you're interested in the history then I suppose you might like it.
Not exactly gripping stuff. Coffee table material.

[ps the reason I've seen it is that due to a clerical error FITA sent me a copy of the initial print run by mistake. Given the choice of returning it or buying it I returned it - maybe that answers the question :) ]

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 74

Hmmm, sounds like it might not be worth the 61E they want for it then... another thing to delete from my Christmas list! :)

I have the book and like it. It was a little expensive as I recall but worth the cost in my opinion. I believe that the printing [no. of copies] is limited. :fita2:

SimonW

Hey Grant. I bought this in Nimes this year.

It's a collectors item with some great photos and lots of background info on the olympics.

Worth the money? In my opinion yes, if only to remember the olympics from an archery perspective and for me this means '76 onwards.

Simon

jmvargas

i have it too...comes with a nice separate box like slip-on case....wonderful addition to anybody's archery library!!