Bow scales vs Luggage scales

Cruise

Can anyone shed some light on this please?
Is there any reason why you couldn't use a luggage scale as a bow scale?

e.g.
Samsonite | Scales Digital Scales | Luggage Gear
Korjo - Digital Luggage Scale (DLS82)
http://online.luggagegear.com.au/luggagegear/3648-digital-luggage-scale.html

Most will handle up to or over 40-70kg, have the right hook or strap mount, are digital and often with memory and most cost between $25-40.

Bow scales do not look much different but are advertised at 4-10 times more.
That is pricey for something you only use occasionally and doesn't need to be accurate up to a few decimal places. For all I know, these digital luggage scales could be more accurate anyway.

Are bow scales really so different or are they generally over-priced and it's just another case of what you know?

backinblack

No reason whatsoever, it's what I use - I wasn't going to shell out over ?100 for a set of Easton scales which, if they are like the ones at my local shop, read about 1 spine too heavy.

Have a shop around though, you might be able to get them cheaper still.

D

Deleted member 7654

No reason at all, I use a big game fishing scale which goes up to 220 lb.
I occasionally hire a large Tuna to calibrate it :liar: .
Using a scale is more about being aware of it's limitations and accuracy. There are plenty of people out there who will believe anything if it's digiatal.
Del

straat

I use these. Cost is just over ?5 including delivery.

Now compare that to something like this. The differences are the box and the price (eight times more expensive).

M

Moose

I have that bow scale they are ok but I paid a tenner would never pay that price

courtesy of moose on the loose

Darryl

Thanks guys for making my #### day even worst. I was bought a set of the xspot bow scales by my girlfriend and now I found out identical ones could be picked up for under a tenner. Cheers for that!

buzz lite beer

Thanks guys for making my #### day even worst. I was bought a set of the xspot bow scales by my girlfriend and now I found out identical ones could be picked up for under a tenner. Cheers for that!
And with batteries included for that under a tenner price :burp:

Cruise

LOL.
True, but look on the bright side. Thanks to us, you no longer need to buy that fish scale you've been eyeing. You now know you can borrow your girlfriend's xspot instead. It may mean you'd have to take her fishing though.

Seriously though, I'm not trying to stop anyone from making a living but perhaps these things would have less time gathering dust on the wall if they were more reasonably priced. It seems to be one of a few archery items for which there are lots of cheaper alternatives available and just about everywhere.