Bow Stand Driving Me Nuts!

Witchie Poo Cat

Hi Guys

Aaaarrrggghhh!! Please help!

When buying all my bits of kit I bought bow stands for me and hubby. I got the lightweight cartel stand (see here for description/picture http://www.altservices.biz/cgi-bin/htmlos.cgi/00510.9.4366886175253094669 ) but it has turned into the most annoying piece of kit I own.

So, whats the problem? Well, in a nutshell, it doesn't stay up! Basically the legs flip down from upright storage position to the down position and are held there with a wingnut. There is no ground spike (not that I could use it anyway when testing it at home!). As soon as I place the bow on the stand the legs flip up slightly, it looses balance and topples over.

Does anyone else have this type of stand, I assume there is a knack to it. Am wishing I had got the screw-in leg type now!

Thanks

Witchie Poo Cat

Radar_UK

Fonz Awardee
I had a similar stand and when you lowered the legs you then had to slide them back into a recess then tighten the wing nuts again to keep them solid.

Not sure if it's the same on your stand though....

Witchie Poo Cat

Radar - you are a genius :idea: , I never even thought of pushing the legs up before tightening the wingnut :duh:, works a treat now. See what happens when you send a newbie kit without instructions?! :rolleyes: lol

Here, have some :cake: :cake: and :beer: on me :cheerful:

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
Never owned one of those but I have seen them in use. I have a feeling the legs point downwards several degrees when they are correctly folded out and fixed in the intended positions. I think there is a sort of cut out for the inside ends of the legs to fit into so they won't move upwards even when the screws are loose.

PaulT

The American
Ironman
American Shoot
Don't worry about it WPC, when I got my current bowstand about 2 years ago I had the same problem until someone with a the same stand showed me the answer - and I've been shooting since 1988!!:duh:

Witchie Poo Cat

Thanks for the reassurance guys! Took the full kit down the club tonight and set up the bowstand the "correct" way and the bow stayed balanced on there a dream!

Strangely enough there was a woman there tonight having problems with the screw in leg type of stand saying it was faulty and the coach fit them in there first time so that made me feel a bit better! lol

We newbies should come with hazard warnings I think :p

P

pyroarch57

Witchie Poo Cat said:
Radar - you are a genius :idea: , I never even thought of pushing the legs up before tightening the wingnut :duh:, works a treat now. See what happens when you send a newbie kit without instructions?! :rolleyes: lol

Here, have some :cake: :cake: and :beer: on me :cheerful:
Heyyy no sexual innuendo`s on here please:censored: :rotfl: