Bowtech Invasion

Deeds

Hi

I am considering a new bow, one of my possibilities is a Bowtech Invasion. Has anyone got one? Can anyone tell me what they are like?

It will be October before I can make it to a shop to try one so I'm researching beforehand.

Bald Eagle

Deeds, I shot a right handed one at "an archery shop" and as you know, I'm left handed. It felt like I'd been shooting it forever!! Smooth draw, hard stop, no hand shock or vibration and very little stabilisation required, but that's Bowtechs for you. Only down side is pressing them but you can get adapters for the Arizona press!

Deeds

Thanks BE. I nearly bought the one you tried last time I visited there. I didn't shoot it but liked the feel of it in my hand. I want to try a few, but that's the one I'm leaning towards so far..

Chris O

Hi Deeds,
Are you still thinking of getting the Invasion?
I have just bought one & can honestly say it is fantastic! It took a while to get here but it was so worth it.....
I shot at a comp last weekend (50 odd recurves & 6 compound, new straw bosses) & it caused a little trouble on the boss cos it took 3 men to get my ACG's out of the straw! I am only pulling 47# @29", the other compound on the boss was pulling out with one hand. We finished up having to swap to an old softer boss with another target behind for more stopping power, also arrow lube & a better puller.
I can honestly say the bow feels lovely & feels like I have had it forever.
The possible downside for you is that I understand Bowtech will bring out the 2012 line about November so you may not get one to try in a shop unless you talk nicely to them first. I ordered mine as it felt so right when I shot someone elses I didnt want to risk any changes in the new lineup that I may not like.

Good luck & check shop stock before you make the trip to try one!

Chris

Deeds

Cheers.

There isn't much in the 2012 Hoyt line, so Im off to try the invasion in a few weeks time. (I was holding off until I saw what Hoyt brought out)

Bald Eagle

Deeds, I've just bought a Martin Rytera Alien X for field shooting. Take all the decals off and you'd say it was a Bowtech!! It's awesome, and half the price of an Invasion, it's fast, stable and the handle is very tactile. I've taken the 5 pin sight off and replaced it with a scope 'cos the pins are too close together from 10 yds to 50 yds! Bargain at ?395!!

Deeds

After setting my heart on an Invasion and a trip to the shop planned next week, I now find out it's not possible to get it in a 25" draw. Absolutely gutted :-(

Deeds

Perhaps if you asked Tony or Simon at an archery shop they could play around with cams???????
Already been bending their ear about it and been advised can put some twists in the string but wouldn't get an inch and would lose too much because cam rotation would be out. Going to try the 26" but can't guarantee will work for me