diference between hoyt limbs and win and win limbs

TJ Mason

Soaring
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
American Shoot
Um...the Hoyt ones are made by Hoyt, the Win & Win ones are made by Win & Win. :D Each manufacturer has several models of limb, so there's no simple answer.

whiz

I've never seen a thread like this answered so succintly and exactly correct, although saying that Hoyt are made in the Hoyt factory and Win and Win in the Win and Win factory neatly covers all the location, materials and manufacturing personnel variations.

Probably commenting that they look different covers about everything.
Oh, they smell, taste, sound and perform differently too.
This thread can probably be closed now.

SimonW

Well .... the question didn't specify which difference was being compared.

Maybe the original poster should clarify?

whiz

We've given him all the possible answers to the question asked. What more could he want?

Bowselecta

Supporter
Supporter
We've given him all the possible answers to the question asked. What more could he want?

Less scarcasm would be nice !!!
Agree with Simon..the OP who may have been put off now really needs to clarify what they mean by the original posting question.

Last edited:

whiz

There is one major thing that you're actually forgetting.... which is how to answer the question if he was actually more specific...

Murray

Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
Joshua_j, I notice from your other posts that you're looking for recommendations on equipment - differences between risers, limbs, etc.

The fact of the matter is that there are wide ranges of materials, limb types, etc. and the decision is not a simple one.

I would suggest that you perhaps go along to a shop or coach where you can discuss your needs with someone face to face and get some direct advice as your questions are too wide ranging to answer sensibly (as you can see from the 'clever' replies above).

If you can't access a shop or coach, then tell us about yourself - how long have you been shooting? Is this your first bow? Do you know your draw length? What level of scores are you currently shooting, what type of archery do you do? (Field or target for example).

Given enough information then I'm sure some sensible recommendations could be reached on here (but not as quickly as face to face with someone who knows what they're talking about)

I hope that helps. Good luck in your search.

Murray

whiz

It took two months for you to get back to this thread..?

There are no answers to your question that still haven't been already answered.

buzz lite beer

Stability:-On the whole I think it would be fair to say that W&W have made an issue out of stability (torsional rigidity) and used crossweaved carbon to achieve/enhance this from an early date. Hoyt have just recently introduced crossweaved carbon cloth to add extra stability to their limbs, how much the extra stability will improve grouping has been discussed/argued on this forum before (try doing a search)
Speed:- can be less imprortance than it is made out to be (do not expect to see a huge difference in limbs from either manufacturer), sometimes extra speed results in an unforgiving bow (fast nines or slow tens), requireing a more exacting input from the archer each shot to get the same results , extra speed from a limb means you can shoot lower poundages should holding weight be an issue.
Feel:- "harder or softer" draw force curves storing energy earlier/later as the bow is drawn will be a major influence and dictate how a bow feels, some give a bit of resistance at the clicker activation point that some archers like, other archers may prefer an easier draw through the clicker, this can be an option available from the range of limbs each manufacturer has on offer.
Durability:- pot luck.
Try as many limbs as you can, see what you like, what theories make the the most sense to you, then when you don't get the desired results buy some new limbs, as it must surely have been the limbs at fault :bomb:

BorderBows

simples...

At the mid point on the brace height.
measure the string contact length on the recurve.
This will show you which limb has more recurve effect.

do this on a Hoyt and a Win&Win. you might see where some of the smoothness comes from...
smoothness is stored energy, and stored energy normally equals speed.