Does software count as equipment? :)

pataroulis

Hi all.

I registered so as to inform you for my archery software..

as I was telling the guys in sagi, I've written some new stuff for the accuShot suite B)

There is now a PC program for analysis and two for data entry (one for pocketpcs, and one for UIQ Phones

Everything as usual is free for all.

Feel free to checkout the screenshots and download them all.

Only one thing, pretty please with sugar on top, do report the bugs you find or even better, please tell me what you would like to see in accuShot, it might as well be realised in a future version.. This is especially true in the analyses tab.

site: http://www.k-orb.gr/accuShot

You can contact me at [email protected] or [email protected]

I will post a walkthrough on analysis of ,say, a match as soon as I can so as you can see its potential..

Aris

pataroulis

Hi...

I didn't notice any problems on downloading.. could you please try again, maybe with a different browser?

Aris..

Munsterman

pataroulis said:
Hi...

I didn't notice any problems on downloading.. could you please try again, maybe with a different browser?

Aris..

I get the same problem independent of browser or program chosen to download i.e.

"Sorry, you may only download this file direct from the creator's website."

C

robbo

Have downloaded it with no probs, but it seems that it doesn't like the file structure it's created for itself.

I assume to launch the program we need to click on the AccuShot PC file?

When I did it told me it couldn't find the javaw.exe file, so I showed it manually where this file is. It now says that it can't find the main class file.

Am I doing something wrong???

For us java un-educated people how about a readme that tells us how to launch the program.

thanks

pataroulis

Youre right. had some problems with the shortcut... will be fixed...

for now you can create a shortcut that has a destination as this:

C:\progs\accuShotEXECUTABLE\jre\bin\javaw.exe -cp accuShotPC.jar;jfreechart-1.0.0-rc1.jar;jcalendar.jar;jcommon-1.0.0-rc1.jar accushotpc.Main

instead of "C:\progs\accuShotEXECUTABLE", substitute the path you installed it...

hope this helps....

(there is a shortcut already in the executable directory, but it needs a little changing)

robbo

It keeps telling me that this shortcut is invalid.

In the shortcut above you have the directory /jre/ which I don't have in my directory structure. Are there any previous files we are supposed to have? (i still get the error when i remove the jre part of the shortcut)

I just have bin and lib along with the root directory.

The original shortcut is the same as the one you just posted without the jre part. This exe is working but further down the line it can't find the main class file. Any ideas?

Last edited:

pataroulis

my mistake.. remove jre from the path..... javaw is in the bin dir....

btw, very nice scorecards :)

Tell me when it works...

robbo

Thx. :thumbsup:

I don't think the error now lies with the shortcut, my java virtual machine launcher keeps comng up with 'could not find the main class. program will exit'

Is this an error in my java settings??

Any ideas much appreciated.

pataroulis

to avoid such problems, you should use the included javaw (in the bin directory) and not your installed one. The main class is accushotpc.Main but at the command line you use the -cp flag to set the classpath. so the classpath is the accushot.jar and the rest and you call (with a space after jcommon-1.0.0-rc1.jar) the main class which is accushotpc.Main (I hope you didnt forget the space between them ;)

bin\javaw.exe -cp accuShotPC.jar;jfreechart-1.0.0-rc1.jar;jcalendar.jar;jcommon-1.0.0-rc1.jar accushotpc.Main

robbo

hhmm.

I've just been through all the folders, and done a search with windows and it appears I don't have the accushot.jar and the accushotpc.Main files.

This might explain the problems.

pataroulis

you need to have accuShotPC.jar.

accushotpc.Main is inside accuShotPC.jar, you dont need to have it as a file...

did you check all the checkboxes when installing it?

maybe one more install ?

robbo

HOORA!! :thumbsup:

It's working. Done a fresh install after deleting the old one. Set up the shortcut according to the previous post and it works. I did have to change one thing though, in the properties dialog box for the shortcut I had to change the following:

start in: "D:\Program Files"

to

start in "D:\Program Files\AccuShot"

I was still getting the error until I changed the above, and if I change it back the error comes back. I don't know whether your program sets this or if windows does, either way it needs to be changed to point directly to the AccuShot folder.

Many thanks for the support, maybe this thread should be moved to the off-topic forum :jump:

Now...if we can make your program read from my scorecards we'd be laughing all the way to the bank...:scratchch

pataroulis

the easiest way i can think of is of a macro that exports to a csv file similar to that read by accuShot. The problem is that I haven't yet implemented the non-offset shots. so all your scores will be displayed on the center of the target.. (except you have such a feature and didn't see it.)

But the macro will be super-useful because soon,this feature will be available...

what do you think?

PS. I will copy this thread to the accuShot site if you dont have a problem....

robbo

no problems from me about copying this thread, you'd better clear it with Dave (forum monkey) first though.

will give this idea some thought and have a play.

cheers

bowman104

Hi, for the non tec heads out there how do you get this program to run - step by step and in English would be good :jump:

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
NOCO
robbo said:
no problems from me about copying this thread, you'd better clear it with Dave (forum monkey) first though.

will give this idea some thought and have a play.

cheers
No problem, but a little credit as to where it came from would be nice :)