Don't Which Compound To Buy?

BOSE

Hi Folks.

Going to buy A New Compound on Wednesday, hopefully, and I'm thinking of either A Hoyt Powertec or Matthews Switchback.

What would you go for, from the above mentioned and why?

I shoot A very old Browning and have a draw lentgh of 29" and feel it's time to buy a new bow.

Any advice much appreciated.
Cheers.
Tony

Adam

Which you go for should depend most on what you require from the bow. For example, IMO, if your draw length is over 30 inches, shy away from bows under 36 inches axel-to-axel as they may make the string angle too steep for your shooting style. Unless you're shooting good MB/GMB scores, stay away from bows with a brace height of significantly under 7 inches.

I could go on, but suffice to say that's it's a matter of both personal preference and practicality - if you can, try before you buy.

Adam

Tuck

I have heard some reservations about split limb bows, stability over time between 1/2 limbs being questioned?

Mathews, Bowtech and Merlin all produce fine bows in the shorter size you seem to favour!

BOSE

Have Got My New Bow Today

HI FOLKS.

Just to say thaanks for all your advice, bought New Hoyt Selena Compound Bow has it turns out I have only a very short draw of 26" and not 29" has I first thought, it turns out that my old Easton xx7s are 29" and not my draw lentgh.

It's a brilliant bow much faster than my old Browning Pro 600 and a lot lighter, and has I shoot from A Wheelie, it should be ideal.

Thanks for all you advice folks.
Cheers.
TONY

stevie

what about the new katana hoyt

HI FOLKS.

Just to say thaanks for all your advice, bought New Hoyt Selena Compound Bow has it turns out I have only a very short draw of 26" and not 29" has I first thought, it turns out that my old Easton xx7s are 29" and not my draw lentgh.

It's a brilliant bow much faster than my old Browning Pro 600 and a lot lighter, and has I shoot from A Wheelie, it should be ideal.

Thanks for all you advice folks.
Cheers.
TONY
hi tony hoyt are agood bow anyone try the new katana yet is it a good bow or vicious let me know,try accs with your hoyt they shoot a lot better than x7s stevie