Field Quiver Question

chuffalump

Anybody know what the difference is between an Easton pro tour and the QF50. I have a vague desire for a field quiver but worry they may be on the short side for 31" arrows.

chuffalump

Might be an option. Custom length for more support for the longer arrow.

Not sure I'm keen on leather though. Or at least, not the ones I've seen pictures of.

A lady clubmate has one. I'm looking to snaffle it for a few ends to see how it feels.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

urbin

Those QF50s are nice, but they rattle something terrible. Is it just me or do the pro tours look longer?

chuffalump

Exactly what I was wondering. I've seen the QF50 described as a SHORT field quiver but the Easton catalogue gives no detailed info.

chuffalump

Also....how noisy? More noisy than any other plastic tubed quiver with only a few arrows in it? My cheapo SF Premium jobbie can make quite a racket.

urbin

Also....how noisy? More noisy than any other plastic tubed quiver with only a few arrows in it? My cheapo SF Premium jobbie can make quite a racket.
More noisy than a hip quiver and definitely noisier than my Easton QF100 (which doesn't have tubes and the arrow section narrows towards the bottom which clamps some of the arrows in place and stops some of the rattle).

ThomVis

I have the Pro Tour field Quiver for my 31.7" arrows. An arrow in the rear-most hole can slant down because the bottom of the quiver has no divider (point sliding forward). People behind me on the line sometimes complain my arrow nocks are close to them.
There are two versions:

and

I have the first one, and it has only one zipped pocket. :(

Mormegil

I have a hoyt field quiver which doesn't have plastic tubes and therefore doesn't make much noise at all. Also has several zipped pockets.

Can't vouch for how it would go with super long arrows though.

It also doesn't have a bow square slot (I think the easton ones do).

chuffalump

OK, now I'm being put off. Extra noisy and too short for long arrows.

I originally wanted one because the shooting line was so crowded that there was a real risk (with the standard quiver) of stabbing the lady at the next target with the nocks.

Still worth a test though. Maybe the newer QF50 has better dividers? Or go the way of Moose and Bald Eagle with a custom built item.

Marcus26

I shot the Protour one and the Easton one for years and love them. I don't know why people complain about being noisy, I didn't notice. You can also put a bit of felt on the inside edge if it bothers you.
The dividers are identical.
We've also sold plenty to people with long arrows. My X-Jammers are 30.5" long and have no problems.

I have the Hoyt one now and it's the best quiver I've owned.

Get one and see how you like it. I wouldn't use anything else. Front facing quivers are so noob.

OskarsL

I used to have front facing target quiver, but I didn't like it. Sold the target quiver and got the old Easton field quiver. My fianc?e got the QF50, which to me looks identical to the old model that I have. With only few minor changes to the way it looks.

The arrows in the picture are 31" long Easton ACC. Fit the same as in my older model quiver. Never had issue of them falling out or stabbing people behind me. Also it does not make more sound than the target quiver I used to have, it will rattle same much as in other quivers with plastic dividers.:)

chuffalump

OK. So....looks like it will come down to how I feel about picking the arrows while on the line.

I think I'm just looking for an excuse to spend some archery dosh :D

ThomVis

Extra noisy
Just like all quivers with plastic as divider. And like Marcus26 said, get some felt, rubber pad or door insulation foam and you can quiet it down quite a bit.

too short for long arrows.
Nope. Better yet, I think this quiver would be better for longer arrows because off the angle. You just have to get used to not having your nocks in sight.
In the pictures provided by OskarsL, he has the arrows in the leftmost divider, where you normally put them. If you put the arrows in the rightmost divider, with a near empty quiver they can slant rearward, which would put them near the angle a target quiver would be, only facing backwards. In competition I don't carry more than 4 arrows, and they go in the rightmost 2 dividers, never had a problem.

OskarsL

OK. So....looks like it will come down to how I feel about picking the arrows while on the line.

I think I'm just looking for an excuse to spend some archery dosh :D

I was in similar situation. I bought the target quiver, because that was what everyone else used. Tried the field quiver and was convinced immediately.