General use club compound

Alex Greig

My club has decided to get a Mathews Genesis compound bow for the use of club members.

As this will be a mixture of adults and juniors, can anyone sugest a suitable set up of sight and rest.

Do I put a peep sight in? And what about a release aid?

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
What sort of use will it be put to? Beginners or members of the club who may want to try shooting a compound?
A peep would be difficult to place as different shaped faces require different levels for the peep. The rest is important. Two different types are needed if finger shooting and release shooting is do be done.
The sight doesn't have to be special if the user is going to change from day to day. Nice and simple; if they are nearly always new to compounds, they will have enough going on. Lenses and levels could be too much too soon.
The release aid I think would be simploer if it is the hand held type. A simple jaw to use with a d-loop. They can be fiddly, so a one that is simple to load.
page 48 of a certain catalogue(starts with a letter between P and R) RA 48 or RA 58 is the sort of thing but I'm not saying they are the best. Just something for you to see and get ideas from.

jerryRTD

It is possible to use a blade type launcher with a button. To change from finger release to release aid would mean removing the button and setting up the center shot.A jaw type release aid would not need a 'D' loop.In stead of a peep a small bit of coloured thread tied to the string will give a reasonable back sight.

Last edited:

Bald Eagle

A hunting peep would suffice, you can slide them up and down and they still stay in vision. If you want to cater for lefties as well, get a cheap Alternative shoot through riser, then everyone is happy!