GoldTip XT Hunter vs. GoldTip UltraLight vs. Easton Redline

iscap_boy

Well, between these tree, wich one do you think it's better for 3D and Field, with a 40# recurve bow? Fell free to advice others shafts :cheerful: :cheerful:

Field Archer

It all depends what field you want to compete in, FITA, or IFAA. For FITA, just use what you would for target. For IFAA I wouldn't pick any of those three, the straightness and spine tolerances are all on the low side. Have a look at Carbon Express 3D Select and Carbon Tech Cheetah 3D, the specs are much higher. If money was no problem, I would be using CT McKinney II for field.

iscap_boy

It all depends what field you want to compete in, FITA, or IFAA. For FITA, just use what you would for target. For IFAA I wouldn't pick any of those three, the straightness and spine tolerances are all on the low side. Have a look at Carbon Express 3D Select and Carbon Tech Cheetah 3D, the specs are much higher. If money was no problem, I would be using CT McKinney II for field.
It's for IFAA. And the problem is really the money...but thanks for the advices

Field Archer

CE 3D Select are good, but CT Cheetahs are better. Lightspeed are cheap, they are OK if you can't affort anything else.

greydog

Already have Carbon Impact arrows, worts arrow i ever shoot, can't get them to group.

The Carbon Express 3D Select aren't as expensive as i thought...are they really good? Anyone shooting with them?
Sorry to hear that, tuning pure carbons for a recurve can be tricky :ashamed:

Carbon Express are good, but they aren't as durable as the GoldTips. I wouldn't touch Redlines with a barge pole, as for Lightspeeds, never tried them.

Field Archer

The FMJ range from 300 to 500 spine. The 500 weighs in a hefty 8.9 grains/inch, which is over 2 grains/inch heavier than the CE and CT shafts. This would be OK if you are not shooting unmarked distances, but if you are, you're better off with a lighter arrow so that your sight marks are closer together.

pwiles1968

Fonz Awardee
Ironman
This would be OK if you are not shooting unmarked distances, but if you are, you're better off with a lighter arrow so that your sight marks are closer together.
Probably not so good for unmarked, they are not that much heavier than an equivalent ACC but both of these are heavy in comparison to the lightspeed etc.

iscap_boy

I think that for now, and for the next year,i'll buy some more cheap arrows, like GoldTip Expedition Hunter or GoldTip Ultralight Entrada.

iscap_boy

Well, Easton Lightspeed are really cheap at Bowsports....about ?5 each complete....does anyone shoot with them in IFAA (3D, Animal, etc)?