Grozer Archery Website

doofus3000

Hi guys,

has anyone out there ever purchased a bow from Grozer Archery in hungary?

Grozer Traditional Recurve Bows Hungary

I'm very keen to get one of their Turkish bows, but I'm told they don't use Paypal, what payment methods do they use?

I am very wary of internet purchases now since my card was cloned last year, so I just want to make sure I won't be hit again.

Cheers.

Dorset Lass

Ironman
Hi Doofus - I have had very positive dealings with Grozer. Once you send your order, they send you a form and a conditions of purchase statement, saying that you need to understand that the bow needs to be strung correctly, not over drawn etc etc. Once you have agreed to that, then they send you details of their bank and you make an international money transfer to deposit the money. the bow is despatched quickly after that.

They are reputable and honest and the bows are really awesome - highly recommended!

Only thing is that many of the bows have a 6-12 month waiting time. You have to be lucky to find what you want in stock.

doofus3000

Hey Lass,

I've been emailing them for about 6 months now but couldn't get a straight answer on the payment thing. I'm settng up internet banking with HSBC next week, so I guess I'll be able to handle the payment through that?

I had an email from them yesterday, they say they've just finished a 75lb Turkish Biocomposite bow, just what I'm after so hopefully it won't be long till I'm shooting it!

Already own a 90lb Kassai Bear so I'm familiar with the stringing method!

Dorset Lass

Ironman
Hi Doofus
I agree that it does seem a bit confusing but believe me once you place a firm order, their payment notification machine will kick into action and you will receive an invoice with payment instructions. Unfortunately internet banking doesn't handle international money transfers so you will have to either go into your branch or do it on the telephone. I went into the branch and handed the person the payment details - which she then copied out. Much easier than reading out all the Hungarian address details over the phone! There is a charge for the money transfer so it is a shame that Grozer don't take Paypal.

Also I remember thinking it was slightly strange that I was asked to pay the money into a private account not the name of the business - but it all was fine and I expect this is something to do with tax or duties.

Good luck.

Dorset Lass

Ironman
We are expanding this month into new premises and will be stocking Grozer bows ;)

Jase
Hi Jase - that is brilliant to know! What sort of range are you expecting to stock? There is such a wide variation, and then with different draw weights it must be a nightmare! Can you let us know on here once they are in?

TheLongbowShop

We'll have a cross section to start with in popular weight ranges. There is so much scope for customising that we will probably offer a bespoke service as well (like we do with Falco). We will have a test range in the shop as well to shoot anything you're considering buying as well ;)

Will announce properly on here and on our site when we are fully moved in to the new place - exciting times!

Jase