Votes: 1 20.0%
  • KAP KS60 Sight

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

Uller

The American
Fonz Awardee
American Shoot
I only have any experience of the Cartel 2000 sight and I'd suggest anything else. Buy the most expensive within your budget, a Seb Flute is a good starting point, you can always move it on to another riser. They do tend to absorb a lot of vibration so have to be quite sturdy. If given the option between the three, I'd go for the KAP.

Rabid Hamster

Ironman
Sights are always a problem so I did a bit of research (for a friend) into some budget sights and these seemed the best of what can be a bad bunch ... (def no cartel!!!!!!)

Petron Rock Solid Sight | Chiltern Archery
the perton sight is an entry level sight, marketed as solid as a rock, reversible to be usable by lefties but fairly basic

next up Sebastien flute axiom
SF Axiom Sight, from Merlin Archery Ltd.
some people have panned it as cheap, some liked it, left handed version available

Joomong Scoprion Sight, from Merlin Archery Ltd.
merlin like this sight much better than the axiom ... this might be the best of the budget level but all will suffer from vibration and fall apart probably sooner than later.

A step up cost wise (?70-90) are....

SF Carbon Sight, from Merlin Archery Ltd.
SF carbon sight

alternatively

booster optima2
Booster Optima 2 Sight; Recurve, from Merlin Archery Ltd.
this has no left hand version but can be fiddled with by peeling off scale and resticking it on. have seen a couple of good things about it, none bad to date but it is quite new I think.

Suppards

NOT a Cartel! People in my club buy them regularly and, just as regularly, they self-destruct. I always carry insulating tape and elastic bands in my tool box so that I can let people have them to cobble their Cartel sights back together.

steven.langdale

I've got the SF Axiom, it's not too bad. One niggle it the screw to lock the verticle adjustment occasionaly comes loose.

I'm suprised Merlin like the Joomong Scorpion better than the Axiom, because looking a the picture it's EXACTLY the same sight :) (well, the sticker is different)

Rabid Hamster

Ironman
I'm suprised Merlin like the Joomong Scorpion better than the Axiom, because looking a the picture it's EXACTLY the same sight :) (well, the sticker is different)
materials or build quality mibi? Spec supplied to the manufacturer slightly better for the scorp!
I am a loss with regard to sights ... I have an Arten sight. Cost ?60 and its been great.

saxonbow

Well I have three choices of Sights for my recurve.
1.Cartel K Sight
2.Cartel 2000 Sight
3.KAP KS60 Sight

Which of these three would you guys suggest?
if you can get hold of one on ebay (the arten summit II )solid sight had mine for years cant go wrong,if you can get if for ?25 you,ve got a bargin.