Me bows dead!

PaulT

The American
Ironman
American Shoot
AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Doing reversals in front of TV tonight the bottom limb of my trusty old GM CarbonPlus limbs snapped - Result, bruised hand bits of carbon everywhere, no bow and one very, very p**sed off me. :cryingeye :grumpy: :hissyfit: :censored: :censored:

Thunk

Ironman
Look on the bright side - it's the perfect excuse to go out and buy some new ones!

PaulT

The American
Ironman
American Shoot
I'm trying to look at it that way Thunk, problem is im skint at present - just bought a new tackle box and scope, still I do fancy getting to know my bank manager better!

Witchie Poo Cat

Oh no! You must be gutted Paul. What happened?

ooops, just noticed the rest of your post, stopped at "my bows dead" must've been the shock!

JohnK

Damn, sorry to hear that. :(

If cash flow won't allow an equivalent set, might I suggest you get a pair of Kap Wood/Glass Challenger limbs as a temporary measure? They're only ?75 or thereabouts, and you'll only lose about ?30 or so when you sell them on.

gwildor

PaulT said:
AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Doing reversals in front of TV tonight the bottom limb of my trusty old GM CarbonPlus limbs snapped - Result, bruised hand bits of carbon everywhere, no bow and one very, very p**sed off me. :cryingeye :grumpy: :hissyfit: :censored: :censored:
ho bugger what can i say!!!! ho bugger, break out the bickies:thumbsdow shame your dad sold those formica limbs:faint:

PaulT

The American
Ironman
American Shoot
That disaster didn't last long - found some replacements on Ebay, but that's a different thread. Looking forward to recieving them this week and getting cracking (not literally) with them.

PaulT

The American
Ironman
American Shoot
Mornin Pete, no I'm not there Sunday-didn't make the team this year so I'm enjoying a bowless week. Not sure how we got so many chorley-ites on here but we've not quite managed the whole club yet, I'll keep trying tho.

Tox

Dead Bow.

Have a lot of sympathy for you. tonight my new G3 limbs delaminated just as I was going for a PB on a Portsmouth. My fellow Club Members were running a sweep on WHEN they would break! Seems Hoyt may have a lot of floppy G3's for sale? Has ayone done a poll on reliability of Bow limbs?

In the interests of economy, my wife bought a second hand lavatory brush. But I still prefer the soft tissue

Tarkwin

Prince Of Dorkness
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
Have a lot of sympathy for you. tonight my new G3 limbs delaminated just as I was going for a PB on a Portsmouth. My fellow Club Members were running a sweep on WHEN they would break! Seems Hoyt may have a lot of floppy G3's for sale? Has ayone done a poll on reliability of Bow limbs?

In the interests of economy, my wife bought a second hand lavatory brush. But I still prefer the soft tissue
Are these the ones that died in Reading last night, or another pair entirely.

T.

Tox

my bows broke [as well]

Yep, it's the same one.
You know, cos you wos there!
If you want to buy an almost new set of limbs, I have some for sale.
They are ,by coincidence G3's,{but not the same ones}:muted: . The elastoplast is purely for decoration. Honest.
You know you can trust me.
I am an ex second hand car dealer and part time double glazing salesman. Say no more . Nod nod, wink wink.
Regards ToxONT="Arial Black"]:bawling: [/FONT]