new bowtech

pwiles1968

Fonz Awardee
Ironman
Cant work out if they are doing it for speed or accuracy or possibly both, would like to see one in action, definatley a bit different.

kato

Cant work out if they are doing it for speed or accuracy or possibly both, would like to see one in action, definatley a bit different.
extra arm looks like some kind of damping device..I suspect it moves along the limb as it bends and returns to rest at the same time the limb does, acting pretty much the way the Windstalker does in damping cable vibration/oscilation...probably the runners,brackets are also a step towards addressing the limb twist issue that surfaces re BT from time to time

there is also some speculation re apparent mods to string /cable position on the cams alleviating any cam lean but it's hard to tell from the side on shot if this is really the case or not

whatever it is, these guys can't be accused of lacking imagination

matt

extra arm looks like some kind of damping device..I suspect it moves along the limb as it bends and returns to rest at the same time the limb does, acting pretty much the way the Windstalker does in damping cable vibration/oscilation...probably the runners,brackets are also a step towards addressing the limb twist issue that surfaces re BT from time to time

there is also some speculation re apparent mods to string /cable position on the cams alleviating any cam lean but it's hard to tell from the side on shot if this is really the case or not

whatever it is, these guys can't be accused of lacking imagination
Can't see how the extra arm can move. Think it must be fixed to support the weight. Think the idea is to move the pivot point closer to the end of the limbs. Whether this is for performance or to help stop limb twist I'm not sure.

Looks interesting to me. Don't think we should knock until we've had chance to see what it shoots like. At least they're not afraid to try something different.

kato

Can't see how the extra arm can move. Think it must be fixed to support the weight. Think the idea is to move the pivot point closer to the end of the limbs. Whether this is for performance or to help stop limb twist I'm not sure.

Looks interesting to me. Don't think we should knock until we've had chance to see what it shoots like. At least they're not afraid to try something different.
unless it supports the limb at one end of its travel [full draw] and damps recoil at the other [rest poition]...looks like its hinged at the base no?

otherwise putting the pivot in the middle of the limb would surely stress it too much?

Last edited:
R

rgsphoto

All those links and stuff must slow it down, how fast is it reported to be?

Kevin English

there is no limb pockets at the other rizer end just another pivot like a diving board, lets the whole length flex but is supported so only half can twist ???
But it is ugly, but maybe the way of the future???

pwiles1968

Fonz Awardee
Ironman
I am sure the arm is fixed at both ends, I think it promotes the limb to bend around the end of the arm, this should give lots of energy for limited movement, or it could be to limit limb twist, I am guessing speed and energy, at the end of the day for hunters speed sells and like it or not the hunting market is where the money is. On the positive side we (target archers) benefit as i doubt most companies could afford to develop new bows if it were not for the hunting market.

matt

Some specs:

33.75" ATA, 7 1/8" brace........321-329fps. 4.2# mass weight.

From someone who works at Bowtech. Posted on AT.

matt

Some more info courtesy of Archery Talk. (Matt / PA lists his occupation as 'Bowtech Corporate Staff')

Matt / PA said:
Normal conventional risers anchor the pockets at the end of the riser so for a bow to have acceptable brace height measurements with extreme parallel limb angles the riser must be significantly reflexed???.
We all know reflexed risers are inherently more susceptible and critical to form and torque. This new Center Pivot design positions the pivot point BEHIND the grip making this a deflexed riser bow and will carry those attributes. Deflexed risers are all but non-existant in hunting model bows due to slow speeds and ATA lengths. The Center Pivot design turns that long stable riser design into a an even more inherently accurate deflexed package while maintaining balance for its overall length.
In other words it turns what amounts to a target platform into high performance hunting and 3D/ hunting models taking advantage of the benefits of both designs. The first deflexed riser ?speed bow?. Parallel limb high performance with the built in forgiveness of a deflexed riser target bow.

The limb is still being used below the pivot point just in a different manner than has been seen before.
The limb behaves differently as well......picture this: normal bow limbs attach in two places.....The pocket, and the axle. This method of attachment creates a spring or diving board effect on the limb and the limb tip must carry more overall mass weight. The Center Pivot design attaches in THREE places flexing the limb completely different, similar to an arc. The limb tips now move less overall mass weight, as well as less distance. This 3 point design creates an extremely short amount of overall movement in any direction, which translates into less shock or vibration than even the most extreme of parallel limb designs.

New cam system since we're on a new model track I guess.....
The center track cam system used on the Guardian and Commander is a first of its kind.It puts the take up and power side on opposing sides of each other and on each side of the string. This rigging equals out the pressure being applied much like a split harness on a dual cam does.
People have been concerned about "cam lean" or limb twist so Bowtech has addressed these concerns with this design.......cam lean is removed as is side to side string oscillation and torsional forces on the limbs are reduced.

The cam boasts incredible efficiency levels as well at at IBO specs.... moreso than the conventional Binary cam design which is already exceptionally high. This means that even more energy is being transferred to the arrow and speed retention in the shorter draw lengths and lower poundages is remarkable.

Last edited:

jerryRTD

It seem as if there are two threads on this bow so I will repeat my self. It is possible that the limb braces have another purpose and that is to help to absorbe the residual enregy in the limbs after the arrow has left the bow allowing higher speeds.