The new eclipse, whats the catch

Bald Eagle

These bows are a good intermediate bow, there's no catch at all, for around ?140 you get a super bow that tunes easily, accepts international fit limbs, what else could you ask for??

its my party and

Ironman
Hoyt Eclipse!

Ive got one its super and very good quality! And those more experienced than me who've shot it also think its pretty groovy too! And so much lighter than the Helix

TJ Mason

Soaring
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
American Shoot
Hoyt haven't skimped on anything, it's a very impressive bow. Too light in the hand for my liking -- I shoot an Axis -- but darn good in all other respects.

Marcus26

The catch is that now you can't say "yeah I know I just had a bad shot, but I am using a beginners bow"
This bow is THE #1 bow on the market if you factor price comparred to performance.
I simply can not say enough good things about it.

Kae

The American
American Shoot
These bows are a good intermediate bow, there's no catch at all, for around ?140 you get a super bow that tunes easily, accepts international fit limbs, what else could you ask for??
The catch is that now you can't say "yeah I know I just had a bad shot, but I am using a beginners bow"
This bow is THE #1 bow on the market if you factor price comparred to performance.
I simply can not say enough good things about it.
This pretty much sums up my feelings about the eclipse as well. The only difference (it is not a down side) is that it is lighter than a Helix, and is not as stiff because of the production process.

Personally, I don't like the SB risers. But everyone to there own, the Eclipse and its bigger brother the Helix are by far the best risers on the market today IMHO.

MrM

How does the eclipse compare with say thigns like the Winact? I will be looking for a bow for my daughter (13) next year - she currently uses stylist with 31lb limbs - regularly shoots 80yds. What limbs would everyone recommend?

D

Deleted member 74

Oh, and the reason it is cheaper is that it is a cast riser rather than a CNC machined one. But cast risers certainly do the job well - Gold Medallist, most of the Yamaha range, earlier Hoyt TD's...

silver streak

just shot it !brilliant!!

Had to tap out the sight block , but after that, what a change to the avalon plus, its soooh quiet!!! and light too, thinl I`m going to like it!!!

Ffish

I've had minie since about April/May this year - and I love it to bits! The only fault I can find with it is that the paint chips off a little too easily for my liking, but hey, it's a ?140 riser! You could get two for the price of a Helix!

It's solid, stable and very nice to hold in the hand all day long at long shoots, and does everything a Helix will do (and it's lighter too!)

Steffi

I've just bought one last week and it's lovely and light in the hand, with all my stuff on......nice hand grip too.

The only catch?........I've hurt my right hand and I can't pull the bow..so can't play with it yet..:bawling: :hissyfit:

jmvargas

after all the good things i've heard about the eclipse i cannot understand why it has been discontinued by hoyt in their 2007 line....but as some else mentioned..it mite now be in their REFLEX line...together with the also discontinued GM.....

jet186

Eclipse Riser

I agree with Bald Eagle, my son and daughter both shoot with one and are over the moon with feel and build quality:cheerful: