New Limbs

Thunk

Ironman
Doorbell rings as I'm just starting my third coffee (the first one to touch the sides on its way down!) Nice parcel from a shop with my new SF Carbon limbs - they were only ordered yesterday afternoon! Initial impressions are very good _ I'm off to shoot them in a few minutes, so I'll let you know how they perform when I get back!

wingate_52

And...
Are they carbon /wood, or carbon /foam.
details Weight, how they compare and contrast against what. Vibration, etc. Thanks

wymkof

thunk said:
Doorbell rings as I'm just starting my third coffee (the first one to touch the sides on its way down!) Nice parcel from a shop with my new SF Carbon limbs - they were only ordered yesterday afternoon! Initial impressions are very good _ I'm off to shoot them in a few minutes, so I'll let you know how they perform when I get back!

Waiting for feedback from Thunk. I am thinking of buying these limbs dont know anything about them.

Wrexham Exile

Ironman
Leckie off here had some. she was very pleased with them and then did perform very well.
a very good limb for the money i think and considering thier price i dont think anything else in that range can touch them.
well worth a look imo

Al

ps hope you enjoy them thunk

doubletop

new limbs

judging by how long he has been gone they obviously are shooting well especially as the weather here has been great for shooting

Wrexham Exile

Ironman
doubletop said:
judging by how long he has been gone they obviously are shooting well especially as the weather here has been great for shooting
second that! was walking back from uni thinking just that - prefect shooting weather

doubletop

im still here till 9pm though am shooting tomorrow going to get eldest lads some new arrows as throgh a mistake i broke four of his

Thunk

Ironman
OK - my new SF Foam/Carbon limbs...

I was going to shoot them for the first time yesterday, but as usual when you really want to do something, something else happens to get in the way. In this instance it was Jazz, my beautiful Burmese cat, who at the ripe old age of 21, decided that yesterday was 'time to die'. I spent the whole day and part of the evening with him on my lap, and I'm not ashamed to say I cried my eyes out when he finally went. We had been through a lot together and I really loved him. Even though emotionally exhausted, it was hard to sleep last night without the familiar feeling of him curled up on my feet.

I didn't really feel like shooting today, but I had promised I would turn up with some kit for another member so I went, taking my new limbs with me; they replace some old wood-cored Border limbs which were 68" - the SF ones are 70". After the first end my initial impressions were

Yes! Yes! Oh, Yes!!​

They are very smooth, with no stacking that I could detect. They are also a great deal quieter than the old limbs; I get a nice soft 'twang'. The old limbs sounded as though I were shooting a rifle!

Although they are the same poundage as the old limbs, I had to adjust my sight marks - the sight went up by over a centimetre. That's probably as much as I can tell you from the first outing. But I will add this - Those awfully nice people tell me that they are actually W & W Everest Pro limbs rebadged. The only difference they have been able to detect is that the finish is not quite as good on the SF ones. Perhaps I would agree if I had both versions to compare side by side; all I can say is that having looked carefully at the limbs I have, I can't fault the finish. Everest Pro limbs - around ?250. These SF limbs from Cusom Built - ?167 + next day insured delivery at ?6. M'lud, I rest my case.

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnK

Sounds like good value. However, you put a set of Everest Pro and SF limbs next to one another and you'll soon see it isn't just a case of rebadging. The curve is markedly different.