Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Opinions of Stylist Bows

Thanks

Opinions of Stylist Bows

Does anyone here shoot a Stylist recurve bow, and in particular have experience of renting from them:

http://www.stylist-bows.com/Rentals.htm

They will replace limbs during the rental period and this seems ideal way for me to start at about 30lbs and build up over the indoor season.

Mike

Thanks

RE: Opinions of Stylist Bows

People get good results with them and like to shoot them. But the limbs are apparantly very slow for the draw weight. There is more on sagi a while back on this if you feel like a dig there.

Thanks

Thanks I'll go look...

Thanks

I shoot a Stylist as well as many people in my club. It is a very good bow and shoots far better than I can. I have rented my bow for a year and I bought it last month. IMO, its the best rental deal you can get, the limb excahnge service is worth it by itself.

I'd be interested in getting some more detail on your 'slowness of limbs' comment BarryC. I found that I had to increase the pounds a lot to get the longer distances (I shoot 26" draw length with 43lb limbs) and I only just get 90m at the limits of my sight.

Dave

In the Blue
    Thanks

I had a stylist for the full 4 rental periods and then decided to return it thinking it was a bit slow (70") and with that being other peoples opinion. Bought a Winact riser with Winex limbs in August. Moved back up around 4lb to 42/43lb mark (2lb was the intention) and my sight mark only rose slightly at 90m around 2 maybe 3 tenths on the scale. Should really check it to give you the figures but its still lower than my GM with carbon limbs which I was holding 44lb on. Bit dissapointed in that and that the poundage is not closer to 40lb (they are marked 34lb and are at the lowest setting 31" arrow).

The only time I did struggle with the sight mark was when Steve sent me a pair of 72" limbs by mistake and that dropped the sight forcing me to pull it in from its normal full extension. A change of limbs back to 70" sorted it.

The Winex do seem faster so my only explanation to the lack of difference in sight mark is the position of the sight mount, distance of the arrow above the grip leaving the distance between sight ring and arrow being the only definitive comparison if I had measured it before on the Stylist.

May sell the Winex limbs to drop a bit due as I wanted to hold 40lb so if anyone is interested... hardly used the last 2 months.. drop me a line.

It's an X I've taken part in an AIUK American Shoot.I've taken part in an AIUK Ironman Shoot. Murray's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I loved my old Stylist, but the lack of choice of limbs made me move to something more compatible, when the bottom limb twisted.

The limbs aren't the fastest in the world, but they were good enough to get 90m when I had only 32# on my fingers!!

Steve Lingwood (the designer and manufacturer) and his wife have always been friendly and willing to help, you could do much, much worse than opt for a Stylist as a rent out bow - afaik, it's the only bow ever to come with a guarantee of straightness... now THAT'S craftsmanship (dunno if they still do though)

Oh - and one other thing... I still believe the bolt-down system for limbs to be far superior than any international limb fitting system.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast