Which PDA ?

nfinite

Ironman
Im thinking off investing in a PDA to keep a record off my groups and How many shots im making at pratice.

I would like to keep the cost down but im unsure what will be suitable with current archery software. ie. why spend ?200 when a PDA for ?80 will do just fine.

Any advice would be most welcome and any experiance with a make and model would be super....

Stace

I was inspired by greydog's screen shots of Target Plot the other day and looked into the price of a reasonable PDA.

Having checked compatability via email it appears the Palm Z22 is spot on abd available for ?60-?80 depending on the retailer.

greydog

The Palm z22 is a good option, I looked around on the internet and managed to get my z72 for ?104, they are normall ?180 - ?200, it is brand new but the box had been opened.....if you look around you will be able to get yourself a good deal ;)

Normsky

I have found eScorePad to be great so any PDA with an operating system to suite would be good in my opinion for this - be it second hand or brand new. My T-mobile MDAIII runs Pocket PC 2003.

Not sure if you have seen eScorePad or not but I would recommend it. Very quick to use and allows you to sync your scores to PC.

I'd give you a demo on Tuesday but I'm off on Holiday and won't be back till Friday PM.

Cheers,

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
I've always had Palm machines (from the days when they were still called 'Palm Pilots' before the litigation set in...). My current one is a Tungsten E2, and I can't fault it. Nice metal case, fast enough, enough memory (and an SD card slot for expansion)... The Palm supplied media player is pretty crappy, but that's easily fixable with a 3rd party open-source (free!) replacement. The bottom line was about ?140, but it's worth it for the quality of the screen alone. Still getting used to the updated version of Graffitti, though :ashamed:

Hmmm, just found a (commercial) GameGear emulator for it... <agonies> should I actually spend money on a piece of Palm software....? (not counting TargetPlot - that was obviously worth laying out cash for :))

nfinite

Ironman
thanks for the info all.

just got a tungsten E2 and i think it will do just fine.

just the GPS to sort out via bluetooth and off course targetplot:yummy: :yummy:

nfinite

Ironman
well, got targetplot on and working,

now im just looking foward to being one of the many techno freaks at the club.:raspberry :raspberry

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
If you want a better media player for it, look up 'tcmp' (IIRC 'The Core Media Player') It's open source (free), simple interface and (as an estimate) more than twice as fast as the Palm supplied media player. Videos which stutter and drop frames like mad on the Palm player run smoothly on tcmp.

I currently have a (longish) video of Park Sung Hyun, as my default clip, which I run through every now and again, to remind me what I should be doing...
Converted to a suitable size for the Palm using PocketDivXEncoder (another piece of freeware).