Possibly a daft question, but....

LIzardEye

, In the White
I've just bought myself a GM and other stuff after renting a Stylist bow for the last 6 months (highly recommended BTW), and am slightly puzzled by my new pressure button (Shibuya DX).

If I understand correctly the spring tension is adjusted by the larger of the two 'collars' but can also be adjusted by the grub screw which protrudes from the end. So does turning the collar once have the same affect as turning the screw once., and if so which should be used and why does it have both?

Also the two grub screws on the side of the collar - do they both have the same effect or are they separate.

Sorry to sound thick but the 'manual' is a small piece of card and I haven't seen reference to these details anywhere else before.

Thanks in advance for any enlightenment

wingate_52

Spring tension can be altered by inserting an allen key into the protruding screw and rotating. This method needs the right hand allen screw on the body undoing. If you loosen the left hand screw on the body, spring tension can be adjusted by rotating the large knurled nut. Tighten both screws whilst shooting.

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
I think the button is adjusted in the same way as the K button I had years ago. The larger collar has two grub screws and only the inner one works when the collar is screwed well back along the barrel. I think the grub screw in the end means you get a wider range of adjustment available. It ranges from both fully in to both fully out. The pitch of the threads is fairly similar so there is little difference whichever one you use.(collar or grub screw)

LineCutter

LIzardEye said:
If I understand correctly the spring tension is adjusted by the larger of the two 'collars' but can also be adjusted by the grub screw which protrudes from the end. So does turning the collar once have the same affect as turning the screw once., and if so which should be used and why does it have both?
Not exactly sure. I'd assumed that the collar was the mount for the big grub screw & that they both affected the spring pressure in proportion to the amount of distance they moved in/out. Since the effect is altered to change the tuning I've never bothered to find out which one does more than the other, or even if there's a difference. FWIW I just change the grub screw - I can use the allen key direction as a reference then.
LIzardEye said:
Also the two grub screws on the side of the collar - do they both have the same effect or are they separate.
These lock the spring pressure & depth adjustment, they have no effect on the tuning... unless you leave them undone, in which case you'll have a very unstable tune. :)

LIzardEye

, In the White
Thanks all.

That's cleared a few things up.

I suppose it's only an issue when tuning the bow after which it's pretty much forgotten about.

I look forward to forgetting!

Whitehart

One of the great things about the Shibuya Button is that you can take it apart for cleaning without disturbing the spring tension.

The grub screw furthest to the back releases the larger screw in the end so that you can adjust the tension of the spring, the other grub screw can be released to take the button apart(cleaning, changing springs or the teflon barrel).