regarding arrow pullers

Trev L

I have a Fivics arrow puller, which does the job very well (in the dry). But as soon as the arrow gets a little damp, it's as much use as a chocolate fireguard, and just slips on the arrow. Does anyone have a recommendation for a puller which isn't affected by the damp please, hopefully without spending an arm and a leg.
Cheers, Trev.

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
I think mine is a cheapo cartel thing. It works okay, but then it's had a good few years for the inside to get roughed up and grippy. Many pullers have problems with wet conditions, as smooth surfaces will just slip. The only solution is something with a rough surface, and a strong grip.

M

Moose

I have the cartel works well and the runner is a bit softer than most so you can get a good grip

The rubber jar openers from Morrisons also work well

posted by moose on the loose

DarkMuppet

I have a Fivics arrow puller, which does the job very well (in the dry). But as soon as the arrow gets a little damp, it's as much use as a chocolate fireguard, and just slips on the arrow. Does anyone have a recommendation for a puller which isn't affected by the damp please, hopefully without spending an arm and a leg.
Cheers, Trev.
Go to your local Pound Shop or Home Bargains etc ...and get a silicon baking trivet / mat. You can get various styles with different textured surfaces for no more that a couple of quid. They grip amazingly in the wet or dry :D

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
Or take a towel and dry the part of the arrow you're gripping. Worked for me.
Yep. Depending on the puller, you don't need a towel, though it takes two strokes: light pull to squeegee off the water followed by a proper pull.