release aid

no1birdman

bought a release aid of amazon,velcro wrist thing 15pds I think, now you only have to touch the trigger and it lets go, seems dangerouse to me.if it was a air gun u would not dare fire it. now are they all like this, if so I think ill make one of those eye bolt triggerless ones on u tube,its a Petron

Mark31121

Ironman
As it's a cheap release then it probably wont have, but see if there is a grub screw etc near the trigger, these can increase the resistance. Also check using a peice of string (d-loop material is great) and see if the trigger gets heavier with increased load.

make sure you're pushing the trigger on your draw so it's secure and that you can rest your finger on top without it going off (if you can't then I'd return/chuck it....)

no1birdman

there is no grub screw near trigger, trigger does not get heavier with resistance, I have jammed some foam behind trigger to increase pull.i always now put finger behind trigger to make sure, can I just make a triggerless one like I saw on u tube out of a eye bolt, and use that on a compound bow

Mark31121

Ironman
erm, maybe - I think it would end up swiping across your neck though if you use a normal anchor/reference point for a compound and it might give you some unwanted sideways vibration unless you use a d-loop (where it might snag). You might do better just shooting with your fingers.

That all depends on what type of rest you're using though.