Replacing limbs on Mathews compounds - how to remove plastic cup liners

Martin Heelis

Ironman
I'm trying to replace the limbs on a Conquest Triumph but seem unable to remove the plastic cup liners that go between the limb and the pocket. Anyone know the secret? Are they glued in or something strange?

Thanks,

Martin

ps. the cup liners are apparently matched to the limbs so I cannot leave them in place

Martin Heelis

Ironman
It seems that there is a thin layer of glue applied and a small amount of gentle force is required. Next question; do I need to apply more glue (which type too) to the new limb cups or are they fine as is?

Martin Heelis

Ironman
Talked to the people at the nice Archery shop and apparently the replacement cup liners must be glued in using araldite (pref. slow setting version). If there isn't a flat fit then the old glue can be removed using a stanley knife or equivalent.

Answering my own post again! :D

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
It's good for others who have similar bows, to know what to do. I wonder why other manufacturers don't glue in their limbs?

Martin Heelis

Ironman
It's good for others who have similar bows, to know what to do. I wonder why other manufacturers don't glue in their limbs?
Not the limbs Geoff, there are little plastic liners that are matched to the limbs. The liners must be gluer to the riser. Not sure if this applies to other Mathews bows or not.