SF SHC Limbs

archangel86

Hello every one,

I would have to say that these limbs are execellent. I know anything from apart from KAP Challenger limbs are great, but then again thats a different story.

These limbs are really smooth to draw. Although I've moved up 6lbs in draw weight, I do not really feel the difference as I'm drawing my bow. Now, I can also draw past the clicker without any problems. Last time with my Challenger limbs even at 32lbs I found it hard to have that extra pull just to pull past the clicker.

I can now hit 80 yards. Though this itself is a new feeling hehe. They have also reduced vibration on my bow, therefore my bow now is less noisy and feels better after a shot.

I would strongly recomend these limbs to anyone looking for a good pair that is value for money. Do shop around for the cheapest prices, as I'm not sure if I'm allowed to promote a shop here but yeah. At ?171 + p&p, they're a real bargain.

Though one thing I'm slightly amazed by is that these limbs are slightly, erm, less "borad" compared to the Challenger limbs.

On the other aspects of these limbs, they do not have those elaborate brand stickers, etc etc they are just nice and shiny hehe. One thing I would like to see left out or improved is the name 'Sebastien Flute' printed on it. They could have used a better font in my opnion.

The locking ball bearing, I'm not sure what this is called, (its the part that clicks when you fit the limbs to the riser) compared to the Challenger limbs, is much more stiffer and more pointed, unlike the challenger limbs where they are easily depressed by the finger and they are more round.

Oh well thats all I can write about them today. Expect to see pictures of these limbs on this thread tomorrow. For now its back to the pile of books & notes for revision.

Last edited:

tel

Fonz Awardee
Glad you finally got what you were after, especially as you seem so happy with them! :)

Ffish

I've been looking at getting these limbs too, and they seem to represent excellent VFM at that price. You mention 32lbs on your old Challenger limbs - does that mean you've gone up to 38lbs draw now? And with no noticeable difference?
I'd love to see pics of them when you get a chance, as the only ones I've seen are on the a shop website, and it's not a great photo.
Also - you say in your thread "these limbs are slightly, erm, less "borad" compared to the Challenger limbs."
I assume that's a typo, and you mean "broad"? If so, can you explain what you mean by that please?
cheers!

Ffish

Thanks Alex - The SF site is good, but it only has the same (not very good) photo of the SHC limbs as the a shop website. Some home-taken photos would be good, if Archangel can get some.

archangel86

tel...I LOVE these limbs haha

oops yeah they're less broad...will show u measurements in the photos soon

photos taken will be up in the next hour or so...

archangel86

SF SHC LIMBS-front

SF SHC LIMBS-back

The SHC limb's locking ball bearing on the right has a sharper profile than the Challenger's

SF SHC side profile on compared to Challenger's

Limb Tips comparison

No doubt here which will Always be my First chioce.

Sorry about this but I'm a metric kinda person.
SF SHC limbs about 3.75cm across

Challenger about nearly 4cm across

continued below

archangel86

continued from above

I still dont know what part this is called...but you can tell the difference here

Compared to the Challenger limbs, the SF SHC limbs start to curve upwards more.

The brand name "Sebastien FLUTE" here is my only minor complaint...They could have done with a better font perhaps?

*all pictures taken with a Sony Ericsson W800i
**I tried bluring out the shop which I got it from but Adobe Photoshop doesn't want to, so I gave up after a few hours.

I hope this review helps.

Ffish

great photos!
I agree about the logo - it looks like someone's written it on with a marker pen!
Looks like my birthday present's sorted out then!!

archangel86

Yeap, Ffish I sure hope my review helped. I cannot recomend these limbs more.

Do share with us how you feel about it when you get your pair too. :beer:

goa dan

Yeap, Ffish I sure hope my review helped. I cannot recomend these limbs more.

Do share with us how you feel about it when you get your pair too. :beer:
This review convinced me to get some and since i now have some and can say what fantastic limbs aswell. I really love these limbs they are incredibly smooth and comfortable to shoot and i would recommend them to anyone considering them. They are also incredible for the price they are.

Thunk

Ironman
I've been shooting with these for the whole summer, and agree with everything said - they're excellent, never mind the value for money. One of my fellow club members tried them and when he handed them back was wondering why he spent so much on a pair of Hoyt M1's.

Balveda

Fonz Awardee
I'm shooting with these as well and was smitten in the shop as soon as I tried them, absoloutely excellent!!

If you are considering everest pro or similar forget it!! Get these.

munchkin

Supporter
Supporter
The logo was my quibble when I got mine earlier this year too. They squished it, and it looks a bit dodgy. mind you, that's just aesthetics, and the bow's excellent value for money (as i have said previously).
if any one wants to buy mine off me, see archers' mart!

archangel86

Sorry for not being able to reply earlier to the new posts on this thread.

I just came out of an operation. Had my left thyriod removed. My neck is pretty stiff now.

Yes I have to admit they're still great limbs after all these while. Cant wait to start a new season with them when University starts in Oct.

Hopefully the stitches on my neck wont be so restirctive then.

tel

Fonz Awardee
Sorry for not being able to reply earlier to the new posts on this thread.

I just came out of an operation. Had my left thyriod removed. My neck is pretty stiff now.

Yes I have to admit they're still great limbs after all these while. Cant wait to start a new season with them when University starts in Oct.

Hopefully the stitches on my neck wont be so restirctive then.
Sounds pretty drastic archangel - didn't you consider a new tab first? ;)

The Enigma

Ironman
compared to what i used to shoot (starters bow) i now like my SF , they are easier to get used to, than the KAP Challenger limbs. I shoot 34 lb SF and i dont feel the weight, where as when i tried the KAP Challenger Limbs i felt it. the font on the SF limbs should stay the same

madmac

Thanks for the review my winact focus have developed a slight twist near the top tip and was looking around, Was a bit worriedthat carbon foam limbs for ?165 was maybe too cheap . Went for crx last year and the limbs were so much out of sink(top screwed all the way in and bottom all the way out)so sent them back never again:melodrama

Tuck

I have these for indoor setup combined with SF handle, and 3 club members have bought on my reccomend - 2 with SF handles - all are v happy!

Best deals from a shop in Nottingham - and he sets the bow up right!

Dave