stripped thread

Mick

Ironman
The bottom limb has parted company with my Axis, (limb bolt threads stripped in the riser) B******.
Anyway on close inspection the threads in the other pocket are also showing signs of wear so I thought I'd get both fitted with a helicoil, anyone happen to know anyone around Leicester who could do the job?

Kae

The American
American Shoot
Unfortunatley I don't know anyone who could do it.
But I was disapointed when I realised what your thread was really about, lol.

:raspberry Kae

Mick

Ironman
Re -Stripped thread
Mmm hadn't thought about it like that Kae but then it has been awhile since my pervy adolesent years. (Big cheesey grin goes here)

Mick

Ironman
Nice one Geoff, hadn't thought of asking Ben, Merlins just up the road from me I'll call in and have a word.

Hoyt Hooligan

The American
Ironman
American Shoot
hi mick did you get your riser sorted if not i will be able to help but only if the thread is metric i fit helicoils on a regular basis in my line of work (engineer)

Mick

Ironman
hi mick did you get your riser sorted if not i will be able to help but only if the thread is metric i fit helicoils on a regular basis in my line of work (engineer)

Well sort of, got someone to do the job but we're having a bit of trouble getting the right size helicoil, it's imperial 5/16" unc, (I think) but thanks for the offer.

OpaNL

Hi
Had the same problem: needed a helicoil in my toxonics sight, and overhere in the Netherlands everything is metric.. no chance.
Until someone pointed me to a Harley Davidson garage: no problem for them, they even did it for free...

Even offered me a "strong cup of tea": that turned out to be a mug with 1/4 tea and 3/4 rum... LOL

Opa

Hoyt Hooligan

The American
Ironman
American Shoot

Well sort of, got someone to do the job but we're having a bit of trouble getting the right size helicoil, it's imperial 5/16" unc, (I think) but thanks for the offer.
hi mick this is the kit you will need the company is rs components hope this helps you out

Larger image

Related products
All products in this range
All products in this category Recoil(TM) thread repair kit,5/16 UNC

RS Stock no. 244-8319
Quantity Price
1+ ?23.99
S Y In stock

Priced as: 1 kit

Product attributes
Overview Technical data RS Stock no. 244-8319
Manufacturer Recoil