Went shopping... again!

Purple Hugs

Ok.. Graham and I are being good and NOT buying bows... Although Graham came close to ordering his desired Hoyt Eclipse riser today. He stayed strong and resisted. :yes:

We did pick up a couple of bow stringers (I'll upgrade to a purple one soon though - need to know my bow length for Old Blokes purple one).
A couple of petron bow stands - mine is actually silver... I nearly :faint: NO purple! :melodrama
Err what else.. oh a better armguard for Graham and that's about it I think.

Good weren't we!? hehe

Anyone been shopping recently? What did you buy? Or... what are you saving to buy?

convict_keeper

Im a going shopping Friday:jaw-dropp I know Im doing it WAYYYY to soon as ive only just started my Beginners course, but ive got the money and if I dont get it now when well the money wont be there.

What im looking at getting is (All courtesy of Merlin) :-

Quazar Recurve Riser
Classic Carbon - Limbs
Omega Systems Classic Recurve Sight
Gompy Elite Leather Quiver PT17
Smart Tab - Cordovan
Black Leather 3 strap armguard
Cartel RX-102 Bow stand
Easton X7 Eclipse
Cavalier Free Flyte Rest

Think that was about it to start with, But will be having a word with them at Merlin to get their advice. Should come in around the ?600 mark :melodrama

Graham

Purple Hugs

Wow!
see that's why we've started early.. already got our quivers the other day and my armguard.

We got advice today about limbs.. and 'testing' our poundage at the end of our course - as before then it'll change is what they said.. and it'll change in the next few months.

Thanks to AIUK I already know this.. and that we should splash out on a 'good' riser, and slightly lower standard limbs as they'll change soon enough.

Chiltern do a scheme where you buy W&W limbs for ?60 and they exchange them free of charge if in good condition later for stronger ones. :yes: they then sell the 2nd hand ones on good old eBay!
Sounds like a good deal, but the club i'm joining has 2nd hand bows for sale apparantly so i'm going to wait till i've met with them to be certain.

Chiltern also don't actually sell the riser I want as I'm seeking a purple one, so will likely have to order it from them or buy online. Which i don't mind as I've found a pretty cheap website for it.

Anyway.. as you can see I could talk shopping all night! hehe

Any recommendations on Sights? as we haven't bought that or a bow bag yet.

sky_high30

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
Bags: If you want something backpack like, Auruora. Expensive but there's enough people on here that will stick up for them.

Cases: Shocq are indestructable but heavy. Striker hard cases aren't bad. I can get all my kit plus either an extra riser or extra limbs, quiver, stand etc in.

Sites: People have had mixed results with cartel and striker stuff - i've not had any issues with my striker but I know more than one striker that rattles loose. If you do get a striker - change the sight aperture as it's the first thing to die.

debs

I want to buy a Samick Mizar :poulies: , saw a lovely set online (checked all the archery online sites actually) showed my other half (promised to pay half) and was promptly told that they hadn't spent that on their first car - yet alone a bl@@dy bow and arrow :thumbsdow - no idea :melodrama
Finally agreed to disagree and was told that it was "something to aim for". I'm sure they were taking the proverbial :(

Purple Hugs

Ahh bless you! what site are you getting it from? I saw them pretty cheap on Bowsports, but there are also sites that do them as part of a kit if you wanted to do it that way.

It's certainly an expensive business setting up for archery! looking at sites and the one graham fancies is ?90! which sadly isn't bad!! hehe

Ahh well we'll have to make sure we carry on with our new hobby eh! :hyper:

Tarkwin

Prince Of Dorkness
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
My current wish list includes

Beiter long-rod & twins (red/black)
Spigarelli Gua rest
a new case

38lb limbs (mid-late summer)
a new riser (next years outdoor?)

a cheap compound sight & scope - one day on ebay I'll see one I am willing to buy

a longbow - eventually

T.

Raedwald

Well, now I've got the X-200 the wish list is a lot smaller.

And having just ordered a leather armguard from Aardvark, that's someting else gone too. Going to take a week or so but it'll be worth it. From what Lez said about it anyway!

All I need now is a leather quiver........

sky_high30

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
I took up archery 'cos I thought it was going to be a cheaper alternate to flying. I then worked out how much i'd spent on kit.

D'oh. Schoolboy error.

morphymick

The American
Supporter
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
My last purchases were:

2doz ACE 620's
Beiter nocks
Spinwings
Spig zero tolerance rest

All from Aardvark.

Titan recurve lens with 0.04 fibre optic, from K1 Archery.

No plans for anything more, I think I'm pretty much set-up for this outdoor season.

Mick

R

rgsphoto

tarkwin said:
My current wish list includes

Beiter long-rod & twins (red/black)
T.
I have a Beiter longrod for sale if you are interested????Any length you like from 41" downwards????I can bring it to SoCo too......

Purple Hugs

Yeah.. that's linked to the same site I mentioned earlier. Really good prices, adn their postage is reasonable too.

Well at least it's normal to have a 'shopping list'! hehe we even have it saved to our desktop! :muted:

Random_guy

Well, as the cartel nocks for my triples keep blowing up, (have lost 7!!!! in the last two days) I've ordered a load of beiter over-fit nocks but need them by friday morning.... So i've ordered one lot from bowsports, and one lot from alternative, and see which get here the fastest.... which will hopefully be on friday!!!

Random_guy

For anyone interested, put in both orders last night, and so far only alternative have dispatched....

p.s. both places said they had the nock in stock, although alternatives was 8p a nock more expensive

simon m

Ironman
Went trawling through the loft looking for the old fletching jig.........

found it.....and a brand spanking new arten magnetic jig in a box! Never knew me dad bought that!.......

Ordered some ep's and some glue...........ohhhhhh a whole tenners worth....

jonah

new stuff

Well, I just went all out and bought a Beiter Centralizer and a Shibuya Ultima.
Both from K1 (supporting my local economy). I have only received the stabilizer so far, can't wait to get the new sight and say good bye to the cartel sight.

Looks like a plain rice diet until I build up the old bank account again. It is just too easy to buy on the internet.

avalon

Sounds like I'm lucky, the only things I _need_ at the moment are beiter nocks and some spinwings...
Though I really do like the look of the Merlin Elite... so that might be on the wish list for later this year, when I'm shooting more, and deserve it.

(re backpacks, I have an Aurora CityPack and it's well worth the money... travels well on buses and trains!)

Random_guy

Or if you can't strech to the aurora, a certain old bloke sells a very good holdal, type bag, very popular with students on a budget. It's not on the website anymore but it might be worth a try asking....