Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your most elaborate clicker setups

Thanks

Your most elaborate clicker setups

hi i was wondering if it was only me that has had trouble with fitting my clicker to my bow the threded hole for the clicker has has somehing put in it and short of drilling and retapping the bow i cant get rid of it so to get around this i have devised a meccano setup useing the sight block

but i was just wondering if i was the only one to have such trouble my bow seems to like eating my fletchings too but that i will sort out at some point in the future

time for cake

It's an X I've taken part in an AIUK American Shoot.I've taken part in an AIUK Ironman Shoot.The Fonz Award. Little Miss Purple's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I took my bow to Neil at Aardvark and he set the clicker for me - I've never touched it since.

Womble managed to set 1 of his but had real problems with the other!
    Purple Mafia

Luck is what you have left over after you give 100%

rgsphoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Hell-Fire
    hi i was wondering if it was only me that has had trouble with fitting my clicker to my bow the threded hole for the clicker has has somehing put in it and short of drilling and retapping the bow i cant get rid of it so to get around this i have devised a meccano setup useing the sight block

but i was just wondering if i was the only one to have such trouble my bow seems to like eating my fletchings too but that i will sort out at some point in the future

time for cake
    Cavalier produce a magnetic clicker to fit behind the sight mounting plate. Great for use with longer arrows too. Send me your address via a PM and I will send you one I have in my archery draw.( if I can find it) I will not be using it again. You can get stick on clickers too, or get the hole sorted out at an archery shop

Administrator I've taken part in an AIUK American Shoot.I've taken part in an AIUK Ironman Shoot.AIUK subscriber. Tom's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    A stick on clicker is probably the way forward for you if you are having clearance problems with your meccano setup. You can get them for about 2.50 and they don't look bad either.

Post a picture of your meccano setup I'm intrigued!

In the Red elastoplastscavenger's Avatar
    Thanks
    i have a custom machined aluminium block (courtesy of my friend with a lathe/mill in his living room!) that screws to the sight extension and my magnetic clicker screws into that. this got round my riser not having a clicker hole and my arrows being cheap carbon and difficult to cut means i can have 30.75" arrows with my 28" draw.(arrows bought before i knew what my draw was, soon to be upgraded). will post a picture when i get shooting outdoors and have a digi camera kickin around.

it cost me tho! i had to give him a lift to IKEA to buy some boxes to keep his drill bits in and to B&Q to get wood to make a trolley to keep his tools on.

Prince Of Dorkness I've taken part in an AIUK American Shoot.I've taken part in an AIUK Ironman Shoot.The Fonz Award. Tarkwin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rgsphoto
    Cavalier produce a magnetic clicker to fit behind the sight mounting plate. Great for use with longer arrows too. Send me your address via a PM and I will send you one I have in my archery draw.( if I can find it) I will not be using it again. You can get stick on clickers too, or get the hole sorted out at an archery shop
    So do Spigarelli...and do you want to know the odd thing?

There isn't the clearance to use the magnetic clicker with the Carbon 30 sight. The mounting screw for the clicker fouls on the inboard vertical adjustment mechanism on the sight.

Now that's planning!
    We've got lumps of it round the back.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast