Your most elaborate clicker setups

Hell-Fire

hi i was wondering if it was only me that has had trouble with fitting my clicker to my bow the threded hole for the clicker has has somehing put in it and short of drilling and retapping the bow i cant get rid of it so to get around this i have devised a meccano setup useing the sight block

but i was just wondering if i was the only one to have such trouble my bow seems to like eating my fletchings too but that i will sort out at some point in the future

time for cake :cake:

Little Miss Purple

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
I took my bow to Neil at Aardvark and he set the clicker for me - I've never touched it since. :beer:

Womble managed to set 1 of his but had real problems with the other!

R

rgsphoto

Hell-Fire said:
hi i was wondering if it was only me that has had trouble with fitting my clicker to my bow the threded hole for the clicker has has somehing put in it and short of drilling and retapping the bow i cant get rid of it so to get around this i have devised a meccano setup useing the sight block

but i was just wondering if i was the only one to have such trouble my bow seems to like eating my fletchings too but that i will sort out at some point in the future

Cavalier produce a magnetic clicker to fit behind the sight mounting plate. Great for use with longer arrows too. Send me your address via a PM and I will send you one I have in my archery draw.( if I can find it) I will not be using it again. :cheerful: You can get stick on clickers too, or get the hole sorted out at an archery shop

Tom

On another 'comeback'
Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
A stick on clicker is probably the way forward for you if you are having clearance problems with your meccano setup. You can get them for about ?2.50 and they don't look bad either.

Post a picture of your meccano setup :) I'm intrigued!

i have a custom machined aluminium block (courtesy of my friend with a lathe/mill in his living room!) that screws to the sight extension and my magnetic clicker screws into that. this got round my riser not having a clicker hole and my arrows being cheap carbon and difficult to cut means i can have 30.75" arrows with my 28" draw.(arrows bought before i knew what my draw was, soon to be upgraded). will post a picture when i get shooting outdoors and have a digi camera kickin around.

it cost me tho! i had to give him a lift to IKEA to buy some boxes to keep his drill bits in and to B&Q to get wood to make a trolley to keep his tools on.

Tarkwin

Prince Of Dorkness
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
rgsphoto said:
Cavalier produce a magnetic clicker to fit behind the sight mounting plate. Great for use with longer arrows too. Send me your address via a PM and I will send you one I have in my archery draw.( if I can find it) I will not be using it again. :cheerful: You can get stick on clickers too, or get the hole sorted out at an archery shop
So do Spigarelli...and do you want to know the odd thing?

There isn't the clearance to use the magnetic clicker with the Carbon 30 sight. The mounting screw for the clicker fouls on the inboard vertical adjustment mechanism on the sight.

Now that's planning!

robc

I shoot an evo 2 also, but no problems fitting a clicker as the thread was ok. I switched to a cavalier magnetic clicker because my arrows were too long (still sorting out my draw length) and also to act as a spacer behing my arten olympic sight - fitted perfectly! Just find the bolt securing the clicker adjusment keeps coming loose. Rob

CPlater1

at the moment my clicker setup is sight--clicker--cd--bow.

i have a small bit of a cd acting as a spacer between my cavalier clicker and the bow!

Chris

Des

Supporter
Supporter
Hell-Fire,

an adjustable mag rest and pressure button will help you with the clearance problems, (can't remember if you're using a button?). Either a stick on or sight mounted clicker is best if your arrows are quite long. Or come down the shop on a sat and i'll cut your arrows down a tad. Sometimes you have to be careful to get the right thread on the clicker, i know Beiter do a few different sizes. But a W&W clicker should fit (in theory!).

I'll have a look at it on Sunday, if you're up the field? ;)

Barry C

Hell-Fire said:

A stick on clicker costs only a few pounds. The cavalier one ounds like a bag of nails, two of my friends had one and sold them to novices because they were not good. Much like the cavalier or spig arrow rests that are equally bad from a prformance point of view not to mention unwanted noise.

Hell-Fire

ill post up a picture of the set up it works ok but it just was frustrating as it is one of the things that arnt quite right with the whole setup to be honest first there was the other rest i had a hoyt super pro if memory serves (if he doesnt then smithers release the hounds!*shakes fist*) that chewed its way through a set of fletchings then there was the clicker hole having what appears to be a grub screw in it but any ways i should be happy now i PASSED my driving test woooooo only 1 minor that was cool

des i'll be up the field this weekend

and i will put up some photos of my meccano set up may even produce plans if any ones interested (i need to get out more lol)

but as it is a good day cake all round :cake:

robc

I agree re the performance and noise from the cavalier magnetic clicker - it is a good concept, and makes a good spacer for the sight's screws - better and cheaper alternatives all round. Rob

Hell-Fire

i will look into the magnetic ones but ive heard and read that they arnt too good in the wind and in england the wind is everywhere or so it would seem but ill check everything over this weekend ad give you lot an update

R

rgsphoto

robc said:
definitely giving up on my magnetic clicker - it came loose again last night!
Slap some thread lock on it Rob!

I find these clickers quite good indoors, as they are noisey, at least you can actually hear "your" clicker go off instead of someone else's. Never had any problem with them in the wind:boggled: Great for people who have long arrows that they don't want to cut. I have two, both worked with no faults at all.

robc

rgsphoto said:
Slap some thread lock on it Rob!

I find these clickers quite good indoors, as they are noisey, at least you can actually hear "your" clicker go off instead of someone else's. Never had any problem with them in the wind:boggled: Great for people who have long arrows that they don't want to cut. I have two, both worked with no faults at all.
I thought about that, but maybe a better idea is to go back to a simpler clicker. I wonder witht he magnetic one about how much lateral movement there is - there seems to be a few mm movement at the tip which i don't like. New bow soon - if it arrives (ebay:melodrama ) - might solve the issue.

R

rgsphoto

robc said:
I thought about that, but maybe a better idea is to go back to a simpler clicker. I wonder witht he magnetic one about how much lateral movement there is - there seems to be a few mm movement at the tip which i don't like. New bow soon - if it arrives (ebay:melodrama ) - might solve the issue.
I do agree they need a little more attention to get right. Never had the problem with movement either.:boggled:

I have also used a Beiter clicker with no problem, look neater too. Both work, but in different ways.

Hell-Fire

The photos

here as promiced are some pictures of my meccano clicker assembly

i am sorry if they appear out of focus but im not very good at photography and my mums camera isnt that good (get the excuses in )

the design will be worked os time progresses but for the time being this works well enough at least till my parents shell out for my cobalt helix:yummy:

robc

looks fine, except, will it tilt your sight? Perhaps have a similar spacer under the other sight screw - or have you already done that? Rob

Hell-Fire

i do have a spacer of the same thickness on the upper part of the sight block
and it does work ok (only tired it the once well untill the weekend anyways) i will get back to you on any modificqations made or that need to be made
it actually alows me to alter the positioning of the clicker up and down in addition to the normal adjustment (more fidley bits yay) also forwards and backwards. but thats just that.