Limbs Is 28 pound limbs for average beginner too weak?

lorcant

I've done my beginners archery and have signed up for the year. Last week I was using 24lb limbs and they felt fine.I have just ordered 28 lb SF axiom plus limbs but am wondering if maybe I should have gone for 30 or 32?Its not too late to change as my order wont be sent out until early next week. I'm 5'11,heavyish build, about 105kg. My draw length is 28". I've been reading that its better to use lower poundage to get my form and technique right before I move up the poundage but I dont want to have to get new limbs in 6 months!!Would 30 be better?

nbuuifx

I'd keep lower for as long as possible.

It is likely that you will be using your biceps / rotator cuff to pull the string at the moment. You need to take time to develop your scapula muscle and to train yourself to use it.

Without doing this you will either suffer fatigue during shooting which will lead to less consistent shooting or your will injure yourself.

This is how I understand it from everything I've been told anyway!

I started last year. I was on an 18lb training bow and purchased 28lb SF Elite Fiber Foam limbs with my bow. (8 months ago) and I'm still using them now. My draw length is about 31.5". I've adjusted the tiller bolts when I last tuned the bow and at my draw length they are now approx 34.2lbs on the fingers.

My draw length has steadily increase over the 8 months which in itself has naturally added a few lbs, the tiller adjustment and tuning added quite a bit on. I don't plan to change my limbs during this next outdoor season and I would say it is likely that I'll still be on the same limbs for the next indoor season. At this sort of poundage they should reach 70m perfectly well.

So in summary - I wouldn't go any higher that the 28lb limbs!