Adjusting Windage

radsbow

Is it normal to have to adjust my windage?when moving back distances?</p>

When I move back from 100 to 80 yards I have to adjust my windage a?fair amount to compensate for my arrows shooting left, however, once adjusted they work fine for 60, or 50 yards etc. It just seems to be a problem at 100 yards.</p>

Is it a tuning problem?</p>

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
NOCO
radsbow - 28/6/2005 8:19 AM

Is it normal to have to adjust my windage?when moving back distances?</p>

When I move back from 100 to 80 yards I have to adjust my windage a?fair amount to compensate for my arrows shooting left, however, once adjusted they work fine for 60, or 50 yards etc. It just seems to be a problem at 100 yards.</p>

Is it a tuning problem?</p>
</p>

Check that your sights on straight (the bit that you screw on with the measurements - sorry don't know it's name.... :)). </p>

radsbow

Barry C - What distance would you recommend doing walkback tuning from. I normaly do it from 50 yards. Would it be best to do it from 100 yards??</p>

Thx.</p>

joetapley

Method for quick sight check:

Set the sight with the extender bar at its farthest extension and the sight postioned as far down the scale as possible.
Position the sight so that it's in the plane of the bow (lined up with string down centre of riser/limbs)
Move the pin up the scale as far as it will go and check that the pin still lies in the plane of the bow - If it doesn't than the scaled sight bar is not parallel to the bow plane - with most sights this is adjustable - fix as necessary.
Change the sight extender to the minimum extension and check that again the pin is in the bow plane at the highest and lowest pin positions - if it's not it means the extension bar is not parallel to the bow plane (windage will effectively change as you move the sight forward and back)- if this is the case, problem as with recurve sights not adjustable - either live with it or try shimming the sight block to straighten it up.

It could be a tuning problem - increase the button spring tension slightly to see if the windage 100/80 becomes less of a problem.

Barry C

radsbow - 28/6/2005 1:02 PM

Barry C - What distance would you recommend doing walkback tuning from. I normaly do it from 50 yards. Would it be best to do it from 100 yards??</p>

Thx.</p>
</p>

I dont know, I just shoot at a boss with a boss on the floor resting on it. Then I keep walking back until my arrows are nearly hitting the dirt.</p>