AIUK Ironman Challenge 2014
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Discuss Arrow length and plunger placement in a riser at the Recurve Bow within Archery Interchange UK Forums; Hi Archers, I have two major questions to You. 1. My new riser (INNO CXT) ...
    In the White
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks

Arrow Arrow length and plunger placement in a riser

Hi Archers,

I have two major questions to You.

1. My new riser (INNO CXT) has two holes for mounting plunger. The holes are in line. Which one should i use and what does it change? Currently the hole placed in to the target side i use as a holder for arrow riser while the hole placed on the archer/string side i have plunger. Will this replacement have any effect on arrow tuning ?

2. I got to the point where my draw length is not going to change. That's why i would like to cut the arrows(ACEs) so they are perfectly matched to me and bow. The question is what is the precisse cutting i should do? Should the arrows point come with contact with the plunger at maximum draw length ? (ACEs point is quite long so there is still some space for clicker area).
    (I understand i will need to tune the arrows after that.)

I guess the answer on question 1 will affect answer on question 2:

Thanks for Your help.

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only 1.50 per month. Thank you!

It's an X
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    Single holes are usually above the throat of the grip. An extra hole might help with mounting some rests that fit on the outside of the riser using a bolt.
    If the difference was worth extra points in the target, I guess all risers would have two.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    The hole closest to you is for the plunger, the one furthest away ( nearer the back of the riser ) is to mount wrap around rests.

As for cutting arrows, these need to be fine with somebody who has an arrow cutter ( such as the Easton ) and is competent in doing do and gas the expertise in doing so. The recommended length is 1 and 3/4 past the button which typically is about in line with the back of the bow.
    Darryl Ports 582, FITA18 563, FITA70 623

It's an X
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    Darryl, I think there is a bit of confusion in there.
    Correct arrow length is something that Easton use to help with their charts. 1 3/4" in front of the button is right, but that will be 1" beyond the riser not in line with the back.
    "Correct" arrow length is not necessarily the right, or best arrow length for an individual archer. Some, will cut the arrow to be as short as possible. Others will leave a little extra for safety so they don't accidentally pull the arrow over the rest.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by McGregor80 View Post
    Hi Archers,

I have two major questions to You.

1. My new riser (INNO CXT) has two holes for mounting plunger. The holes are in line. Which one should i use and what does it change? Currently the hole placed in to the target side i use as a holder for arrow riser while the hole placed on the archer/string side i have plunger. Will this replacement have any effect on arrow tuning ?

2. I got to the point where my draw length is not going to change. That's why i would like to cut the arrows(ACEs) so they are perfectly matched to me and bow. The question is what is the precisse cutting i should do? Should the arrows point come with contact with the plunger at maximum draw length ? (ACEs point is quite long so there is still some space for clicker area).
    (I understand i will need to tune the arrows after that.)

I guess the answer on question 1 will affect answer on question 2:

Thanks for Your help.
    The bushing vertically in line with the grip is the one intended for the pressure button. The second button (further away from the archer) really serves no useful purpose. It was introduced by Hoyt to allow a stiffer arrow to be used. One of the main determinants of the "stiffness" of an arrow is the distance from the nock to the button at full draw. The larger this distance the weaker the arrow. It was never intended to be used for installing beginners wrap around rests.

Arrow length is not critical - there's no "optimum value". If an arrow is too long it becomes unforgiving to the archer. Usual rule of thumb is the end of the arrow shaft (not point) does not stick in out front of the riser body. That's about it really.
    Joe

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffretired View Post
    Darryl, I think there is a bit of confusion in there.
    Correct arrow length is something that Easton use to help with their charts. 1 3/4" in front of the button is right, but that will be 1" beyond the riser not in line with the back.
    "Correct" arrow length is not necessarily the right, or best arrow length for an individual archer. Some, will cut the arrow to be as short as possible. Others will leave a little extra for safety so they don't accidentally pull the arrow over the rest.
    Geoff, on the CXT if the button is installed as per the hole closest to the archer (one directly above pivot) then this is 1 and 3/4 inches from center of button to the back of the riser, as it's exactly where my clicker is set on my bow. Secondly I just measured the distance

Joe, that's interesting as I've never come across anything that mentions that it's for varying the stiffness of the arrow by moving plunger location to be further away from the nocking point. The only thing that I've encountered is that it's used for wrap around rests. Do you have any documentation on the second hole and it's uses (that wasn't meant to be a smutty pun).

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast