Arrow point weight

ADE

I've been wondering about this recently, and maybe i'm being daft (probably) but what is the standard point weight for Easton arrows. You know what I mean. You get your easton chart out find your draw weight, find your arrow length, i'm shooting recurve so over to the right hand column you go, and the chart tells you that you need 710 navs for instance. Now you go to your online retailer and order your components. Shafts no problem fletching (nice bright ones so i can see them in the grass :blush:) then the points and you have a selection.....
We all now that the point weight affects the spine so what is the "standard" point weight that the charts are set up with.

WkdWill

I was thinking the same when looking earlier, Think I'll call the shop and ask their advice, I'm sure they'll help if they want my custom.

I would suggest doing the same.

Wkd

pHz

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
depending on your poundage get some break off piles in the 90-120 grain range and do some bareshaft and walkback tests to get the pile weight that flies best from your set up

the easton chart (hell - any spine chart) is a starting point only

slainte :scratchch: rob

EVC

Easton catalog shows recommended point weight ranges on the tables with shaft specifications. I just checked it out in their 2009 catalog.

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
depending on your poundage get some break off piles in the 90-120 grain range and do some bareshaft and walkback tests to get the pile weight that flies best from your set up

the easton chart (hell - any spine chart) is a starting point only

slainte :scratchch: rob
Yes... Isn't the standard advice to start from the weight of point and work back from there...? The Easton recommendations usually give quite lightweight points IIRC. Heavier point = better usually (with the normal caveats - you have to choose a shaft size and overall weight combination which will work for you).

wingate_52

Referring to the arrow section in the Quick's catalogue gives detailed reccomendations for point weight whether for screw ins or breakoffs. I went 10gns heavier, and found that this combo worked better at distance outdoors, esp if there is any wind.