Arrows Arrows impacting at an angle after limb upgrade

Mr R

I upgraded my limbs last week from Samick Universals (med, 32#) to a set of Border TXB's (med, 34#) and yesterday was the first time I've used them.

During yesterdays practice, shooting at 30m. I noticed that a large number of arrows (but not all) were impacting a strange angle.

The arrows are leaning to the right at impact, the nock end is leaning to the right of the pile end.

The arrows are the same when using the Samicks, Easton Blues - 1816 - 27.5" long. The brace height is set to the same as my old limbs @ 8.5".

I've checked the Easton chart and they correctly spined.

Any ideas on what is causing the problem

Blank boss

I upgraded my limbs last week from Samick Universals (med, 32#) to a set of Border TXB's (med, 34#) and yesterday was the first time I've used them.

During yesterdays practice, shooting at 30m. I noticed that a large number of arrows (but not all) were impacting a strange angle.

The arrows are leaning to the right at impact, the nock end is leaning to the right of the pile end.

The arrows are the same when using the Samicks, Easton Blues - 1816 - 27.5" long. The brace height is set to the same as my old limbs @ 8.5".

Arrow speed has hopefully gone up as you have gone up two pounds. You will have to sart at the beginning with limb alignment and centre shot as no limbs even the same poundage limbs. You will then have to move onto further tuning options! Are you LH or RH

greygoose

Hi Mr R.
It is simply that your bow is no longer tuned to your arrows.
The more powerful limbs have the effect of weakening the spine of the arrows.
Therefore you have to retune, or in extreme cases buy stiffer arrows and then retune.
Download Murrays "Archers Reference" It is a brilliant source of all you need to know and is explained very clearly.
Hope you enjoy your new limbs.
Greygoose

Mr R

I've checked the limb alignment with a couple of Bieter limb gauges, and the alignment is good.

I'm right handed. Would the pressure button need adjusting seeing as the arrow speed and draw weight have increased.

L

lee81070

If you've changed limbs, I'd retune from scratch as Greygoose recommends. I've recently changed limbs too and had to start from scratch with everything (centreshot, alignment, brace height, tiller, pressure button, nocking point et al)...It may not be absolutely vital but it's good practice to retune (just like a car that needs a service every year) and I know the bow is now set up OK for outdoor.

EVC

It also could be caused by the arrows being dynamicaly stiffer instead of weaker with Border limbs due to their torsional stiffness. There is a looooooooong recent thread on the subject in this forum ("Slightly Stiff or Sightly Flexible?"). There is much trolling in it though, unfortunately, so it may require some effort to sort relevant information out of it.

Mr R

Thanks for all the advice. I'm going to visit Quicks next weekend while visiting my parents for sme bits and pieces so I'll hopefully get it sorted at the same time.