Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bareshaft and Spine Selection

Thanks

Bareshaft and Spine Selection

Can any one give an educated guess (or prefarably know for sure) how far to the left, or right, will a bare shaft land in relation to a perfectly matched arrow, per spine difference, say at 20 yards?

John.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I think some one posted a picture of the difference between a 600 red Line and a 690 redline some where.
    just point,pull & click the mouse button

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnKR View Post
    Can any one give an educated guess (or prefarably know for sure) how far to the left, or right, will a bare shaft land in relation to a perfectly matched arrow, per spine difference, say at 20 yards?

John.
    Won't it vary according to setup?
    Ever tried? Ever failed?
    Try again. Fail again. Fail better! - Beckett

The marksman who hesitates is lost. Just take it for granted that you are going to hit and fire away before you have time to doubt the certainty of success. - Annie Oakley, 1894.

Thanks
    Rik,
    I donít know, but I (perhaps mistakenly) thought that it would be a consistent measurement as long as each spine of arrow was shot from the same bow.
    Are you saying that some set-ups will shoot a wider range of spines in tighter groups than other set-ups?
    John.

Prince Of Dorkness I've taken part in an AIUK American Shoot.I've taken part in an AIUK Ironman Shoot.The Fonz Award. Tarkwin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    it would proably be consistent if all other factors were identical. If the bow were set in a machine similar to those available for compounds, but there are too many variables with a human (or at least there are with me)

T.
    We've got lumps of it round the back.

In the Green
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=JohnKR;110481]Can any one give an educated guess (or prefarably know for sure) how far to the left, or right, will a bare shaft land in relation to a perfectly matched arrow, per spine difference, say at 20 yards?

sorry mate but the bare shaft is not for tuning, as such, but as a check once completed. the misconception comes from a rick mckinny interview many years ago when he said his bare shaft goes low left, that is personnel to him. once you have set and tuned your bow, shoot a bare shaft, remember were it goes and then it can be used for quick reference if you change something. hope this helps

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast