Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Discuss BEST method at the Recurve Bow within Archery Interchange UK Forums; Thanks Liz and 7,3,miss- some reading for the Christmas period. Merry Christmas to you both, ...
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    Thanks Liz and 7,3,miss- some reading for the Christmas period. Merry Christmas to you both, Geoff and any of the AIUK bods who read this.
    Barebow Recurve

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only £1.50 per month. Thank you!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    The B.E.S.T method is the only way to shoot but beware without a coach who understands how it works it is easy to misinterpret what has been written about it and this becomes a path to injury and failure. So beware the Koreans grasp of English is a problem as is the editing of the books they have written. reading through the two books written by the big hitters in archery coaching I'm not a happy bunny because one could result in injury and one is very expensive and badly edited not just one mistake but repeatedly. This is the first time I have slammed both books but what they are getting at is the key to good shooting. in the west the books written on archery make a hash of explaining what good form is it is becoming clear the Koreans are having the same trouble. I have had a go my self and explaining for is very difficult.

What we need is someone very articulate with a sharp eye for detail and a solid understanding of the physic's, bio-mechanics, psychology and science involved to write a book on the subject.
    Just Feel The shot

In the White
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    Well, i expected a few replies to my original post, but not this many!!. I think big dave has raised the point that was mentioned earlier - the BEST method suffers somewhat by poor translations which serve to maybe overcomplicate the subject. Perhaps that has something to do with KSL's interest in the biomechanics in general?. Lets face it, if you ask an engineer to explain the dynamics of an internal combustion engine, you would have a 5000 page document, very little of which would help someone to drive a car.
    This thread has been very interesting and for once, it seems, we have manged to get through it without needing to mention the dreaded cli###r !!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    Using the clicker is the easy bit you move it until you can pull through it at will.

Have a nice day tomorrow
    Just Feel The shot

In the Blue
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Big.Dave View Post
    <snipit> and badly edited not just one mistake but repeatedly.
    I agree whole-heartedly that interpreting/translating Korean language to English language leaves a LOT to be desired. There have been MANY errors/mistakes in the Korean-authored books that I have read on Archery, and if a beginning-archer was to try learning from those books they would be greatly confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Big.Dave View Post
    <snipit>What we need is someone very articulate with a sharp eye for detail and a solid understanding of the physic's, bio-mechanics, psychology and science involved to write a book on the subject.
    IMHO Tyler Benner accomplished this when he co-authored 'Total Archery - Inside the Archer'. Tyler occasionally used a 25-cent word when a 5-cent word would have been sufficient but other than that he certainly has both the 'archery-skill credentials' and a solid understanding of the physics, bio-mechanics, and science involved to write a book on the subject.
    I found the first book, 'Total Archery' very difficult to understand. It provided a lot of 'what' but left it to the reader to figure out the 'how'. Whereas 'Inside the Archer' explains the what and how (but it is still difficult to learn from the book without the help from a knowledgeable BEST coach.)- John

In the White
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    Does anyone know if Ruth Rowe's book (Fundamentals of Recurve Target Archery, 2nd Edition) describes the BEST method any better? Its currently out of print - the website says until Spring 2011

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast