Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Discuss Cartel Fantom & Limb Poundage at the Recurve Bow within Archery Interchange Forums; Hi all, I have been searching the internet for an answer but can't find it ...
    In the Green
    Thanks

Cartel Fantom & Limb Poundage

Hi all,
    I have been searching the internet for an answer but can't find it anywhere so I'm hoping you can help.
    What is the highest limb poundage I can use on my Cartel Fantom riser? I am thinking of upgrading to either 36 or 38 lbs. Thanks

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only 1.50 per month. Thank you!

It's an X
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    On an archery outlet's website I found the bow for sale and the options for limbs goes to 40lb

In the Blue
    Thanks
    Wouldn't weight on the fingers be more appropriate? Drawing 40# limbs to 24" is a load of difference from drawing 38# limbs to 32", for example.

It's an X
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I translated the question as what are the heaviest limbs the riser can take; as if the riser may not be strong enough for the highest ones out there.

It's an X I've taken part in an AIUK American Shoot.AIUK subscriber. morphymick's Avatar
    Thanks
    According to Cartel's website, Fantom Carbon limbs go up to 46lbs.

Doosung Corporation

Mick

- - - Updated - - -

According to Cartel's website, Fantom Carbon limbs go up to 46lbs.

http://www.doosungarchery.co.kr/eng/

Mick
    "I enjoy hats. And when one has filthy hair, that is a good accessory" - Julia Roberts. "I love my old hat, it's better than a head full of sun-block." - Me

In the Blue
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffretired View Post
    I translated the question as what are the heaviest limbs the riser can take; as if the riser may not be strong enough for the highest ones out there.
    Yes that's as I understood it too. However, putting a limit on limb weight, which is measured at a certain draw length, seems inappropriate. For example, if they said "do not use limbs of 40# or more", it would suggest that some long draw length archer would be okay with 38# at maybe 32" and equally they'd perhaps disadvantage a short draw archer who only draws 23" but who would like 44# limbs to achieve mid 30s OTF.

Off the top of my head, I'm sure the manual that came with my son's SF Axiom+ L riser says not to set it up above 40# as opposed to stating a specific limb weight maximum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast