Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: click or not!

In the Red
    Thanks

click or not!

Including a recent one on watching the clicker or not there are surely enough number of threads on clickers so heres another

So Should i get one or not...
    Ive had two opinions:
    1) "shoot 700 on a western then you can get a clicker"
    2) "I think you are ready for a clicker"

So what are the rules for getting a clicker?
    IM sure there is going to be a learning cuve and that there will be a drop in scores, comfort etc etc before getting comfortable again. But why are there so many opinions. Surely if the clicker will give me the exact same draw length every time, then why would I avoid it? Im comfortable with my bow, poundage etc...I am working on some alignment issues now, but when Im comfortable with that?

So what are your opinions?

It's an X
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,096 Times in 946 Posts
    Why are there so many opinions?
    From my point of view that is because many opinions are based on the bad experiences of others.If you use the clicker badly, you get poor results.
    If someone says you are ready and you go ahead with, little help,or the wrong advice, you could make a bit of a mess of it.
    Using the clicker is so simple, that some cannot believe that is how it works so they find all sorts of complications and spoil the outcome; or delay real progress.
    Then there is the archer who says they will give one a try; "I can always take it off if I don't like it." Quite often that is an escape clause for those who don't get immediate results at the target.
    One reaction to a clicker is to keep moving its position becuase it seems to be in the wrong place every time.
    Another reaction to it, is to start wondering about when it is going to click. "It should have gone sooner," is a thought I hear some describing to friends afterwards.
    Some, however, get onto the right wavelength from the start and learn to benefit from it without confusions or hesitation. They obviously have a different opinion from those described earlier.

Thanks
    Due to the dreaded TP I wouldn't be shooting now if I had not learned to use a clicker.

That said, looking back I am impressed that I managed a 564 Portsmouth without it - now I can't even take a p without waiting for the click.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by backinblack View Post
    Due to the dreaded TP I wouldn't be shooting now if I had not learned to use a clicker.

That said, looking back I am impressed that I managed a 564 Portsmouth without it - now I can't even take a p without waiting for the click.
    That's a top score without a clicker, have you bettered it with the clicker?........I would think so
    "The challenge is what I look for - I want to know it." (Michael Schumacher on his return to F1)

In the Red
    Thanks
    WOW, 564 without a clicker is definitely something to aim for (no pun intended ofcourse)

It did happen just yesterday that one of the fellow archers released soon as he heard another persons clicker...or so he thought (the other person being one who does not use a clicker) I suppose that would then lead to the other thread (to watch or not to watch) if you become a slave to it....

However, geoff (thanks for the previous favours...im working on it and it seems to help give me a good sense of a "ritual" for want of a better word)

surely now we must know enough to not rely on old wives tales and rely on approved, tried and tested coaching methods in place at the top most level. For eg. that happens at our cricket club, theres people who turn up for fun like me, but then we put ourselves through the same drills as the first team (with professional players) and also get tidbits from the mental aspects etc etc..which is great.

The archery club down the road from us (towards whom we show some degree of competitive disrespect in good jest) start people off on clickers...There must be one way that athletes are coached (ofcourse with enough room for their own signatures) with some general concensus???

In the Red
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by backinblack View Post

btw...whats TP?
    cheers

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast