CLICK TO REGISTER FOR THE AIUK IRONMAN
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Discuss Clicker for a child at the Recurve Bow within Archery Interchange Forums; My daughter currently shoots without a clicker and I'd like to get her one to ...
    In the Blue
    Thanks

Clicker for a child

My daughter currently shoots without a clicker and I'd like to get her one to try.

She currently has two sets of arrows, a set of alloy arrows and a set of ACC carbon arrows.

The alloy arrows are less than a cm past the end of the riser but the carbons are a few cms past the end. At this point I'd prefer not to cut the carbons down as she keeps growing.

What would be the best solution to allow a clicker that could either work with both sets of arrows, or failing that, work with the slightly too long carbons?

If it makes any difference she has a Hoyt Excel 21" riser and a decut sight.

Thanks

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nbuuifx For This Useful Post:

eedubberlshan (20-09-17), rmonclermc10071 (05-10-17)

3. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only 1.50 per month. Thank you!

It's an X
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    In the past a piece of L section ally was stuck to the back edge of the riser( the edge facing the target) making the riser reach about 1" further past the normal edge. A screw hole in that allowed a clicker to be fixed to it and would strike against it when used. That would be my first option.
    There are clickers around these days that clip to the sight extension bar and can place a clicker well beyond the normal reach. They click against their own mountings so don't need a strike plate. There are others that share the sight mounting holes rather than clipping to the extension bar. These all seem to be rather clumsy compared to the light ally plate.

It's an X
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    In the past a piece of L section ally was stuck to the back edge of the riser( the edge facing the target) making the riser reach about 1" further past the normal edge. A screw hole in that allowed a clicker to be fixed to it and would strike against it when used. That would be my first option.
    There are clickers around these days that clip to the sight extension bar and can place a clicker well beyond the normal reach. They click against their own mountings so don't need a strike plate. There are others that share the sight mounting holes rather than clipping to the extension bar. These all seem to be rather clumsy compared to the light ally plate.

In the Blue
    Thanks
    Thanks, I've had a quick look at the ones that go on the sight block / sight extension.

My biggest worry with both of these is packing the equipment away. The one behind the sight block would probably prevent the riser from fitting in its pocket and the wire would probably get bent - so this would need to be removed each time.

The one on the sight extension bar would be better but still looks delicate and easy to bend once removed from the bow.

How do people find these for packing equipment away?

It's an X
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=si...ToFyi-RDNqSuM:
    There is a good picture of a normal clicker fitted to a sight extension.
    The complicated clicker plate is not necessary. Just fit a shorter length of thin metal behind the clicker for it to strike against.
    If your daughter's sight extension has holes through, one should be in a good position to use for mounting.

It's an X AIUK subscriber. Timid Toad's Avatar
    Thanks
    If you use a magnetic clicker you won't need a plate for the wire to make a noise against. The magnet part clunks back with a satisfying click. I use one on my longer clout arrows.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast