Consecutive scores for 1st class

Cakemeister

Fonz Awardee
Or any other class really- if you shoot two scores in one season does it carry over to the next or do you have to start again with three new scores?

tel

Fonz Awardee
Think you'll find you have to go back to square one :( Once achieved the classification stands for one year following that in which it was obtained, then if you haven't shot your three qualifying scores you get reclassified.

Big Boy Blue

Fonz Awardee
Ironman
Somebody told me that the only classifications that had to be renewed year on year were Bowman and above.

Phil

tel

Fonz Awardee
Phil Hodgins said:
Somebody told me that the only classifications that had to be renewed year on year were Bowman and above.

Phil
No - same deal for all classifications. The only 'division' in how they are dealt with is up to and including 'Bowman' is dealt with at club level - any higher needs to be ratified by GNAS.

tel

Shirt

Only exception to this is Flight. Get a classification there once, you've got it for life.

Furface

Supporter
Cakemeister said:
Or any other class really- if you shoot two scores in one season does it carry over to the next or do you have to start again with three new scores?
Someone's itching to start the race again!

Little Miss Purple

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
What is 'flight'?? I've not come across that classification!!

I got an email from Bassetlaw Bowmen - outdoor shoot April 9th - not too long away!! :beer:

Thunk

Ironman
Little Miss Purple said:
What is 'flight'?? I've not come across that classification!!

:beer:
FLIGHT is the discipline where you attempt to shoot further than anyone else. It's pure distance shooting, no target involved.

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
Phil Hodgins said:

Phil
Nope. You have to qualify fresh every year, but the wording is a little screwy:
"the qualification... holds for one year immediately following that in which it is gained."
but,
"If it is not maintained during that year, reclassification shall be on the scores made during that year."
So... if you shot bowman one year, you'd be classed as bowman in the following year, as well. Even if you only made first class that year. The year after that, you would go down to first class...

And just to complicate matters, if you have a year where you don't shoot enough rounds to qualify (having had a classification before that) you become "non-classified", the following year, until such time as you've shot 3 rounds.

MB and GMB only differ in the rounds you have to shoot (and where) and that you have to *claim* them from GNAS.

Black Arrow

Briefly, If you got a classification last year it lasts until the end of this year during which time you have to shoot for it again. If you only got two of the three (welcome to the club :bang: ) you start again on Jan 1st from scratch

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
Black Arrow said:
Briefly, If you got a classification last year it lasts until the end of this year during which time you have to shoot for it again. If you only got two of the three (welcome to the club :bang: ) you start again on Jan 1st from scratch
Nearly... If you were starting from scratch you would be "unclassified", if you've had a classification before, then you would be "non-classified". This just prevents beginners being lumped in with experienced archers who just haven't shot much recently...