Corkscrewing arrows...

Cakemeister

Fonz Awardee
Shooting last night- I noticed the back of the disappearing arrows was describing a corkscrew path. I'd changed my grip (grip version 4.0) since Monday- can that be it?

Pete

Shirt

Corkscrewing can be caused by incorrect nocking point position. Since nocking point can be affected by tiller, and this in turn by your grip, it's possible.

Set tiller to zero and tune the nocking point, see what happens.

Oh, and the corkscrewing could be magnified by a spine mis-match/button pressure/centreshot issue as well.

Armchair Archer

I had the same problem a few weeks ago, turned out that my brass nocking point had moved, but i cant remember which way it was. One of the more eperienced archers sorted it for me, then i went home and replaced the brass with superglue and cotton

cliveanne

Ironman
Shirt - 23/9/2005 7:31 PM Corkscrewing can be caused by incorrect nocking point position. Since nocking point can be affected by tiller, and this in turn by your grip, it's possible. Set tiller to zero and tune the nocking point, see what happens. Oh, and the corkscrewing could be magnified by a spine mis-match/button pressure/centreshot issue as well.
</p>

I'll go along with that :)</p>

Cakemeister

Fonz Awardee
Changing the grip seems to have done it (a six gold end tonight, corkscrewing disappeared)) so I'm now trialling grip version 4.2...

Pete