Does it justifies to pay $80 more to get Shibuya Ultima Standard over Dual Click?

CharlesBlacks

I am just starting out in archery and just got my new recurve bow (SF Premium). Now, I am thinking to get a sight, and would like to hear some opinions on which sight to get: Shibuya Ultima Standard or Shibuya Dual Click Standard (both aluminum) for a novice like me. Price difference is quite large (about $80).

Any advice is highly appreciated. Thanks​

TJ Mason

Soaring
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
American Shoot
For recurve, there's no advantage to the Ultima. The Dual Click is an excellent sight.

Bogger

If you put your ?80 into training (fuel for transport, club fee's) a cocktail stick will get you better results

buzz lite beer

The thing is with sights and I suppose most archery gear is that you don't want it to let you down or become a nuisance, If you constantly have to keep tightening up screws that come loose and start rattling or re-positioning a sight that moves and so your arrow impact moves with it, you cant really judge your performance as it's limited by the gear, and so confidence not only in the gear but in yourself becomes an issue, both Shibuya sights that you mention on the whole are very reliable with the Ultima having no lock down screw to fail and simpler and faster elevation adjustments than that of the dual click.

EVC

I did not have a good experience with the dual click version (the aluminum one): noisy and rattled. I sold it and bought the Ultima (carbon) which is great but much more expensive. However I like the WinWin sight better, despite it being similar to the dual click when it comes to adjusts. It is light, very well made and not as expensive as the Ultima.

Jim18655

I have a 'Dual Click" and have never had any trouble with it. Even if I forget to tighten the setscrew on the front it never moves. My brother had a Cartel version of the same sight and it was always loose and moving.

CharlesBlacks

Thanks for the advices. Very helpful. Look like Dual Click Aluminum is the way to go for now. I wanted a sight that I can grow into for a while, and do not want to second guess whether the sight pin is moving after every shot.

Are there decent, cheaper alternative to these sights?

messyhead

There's the sf premium sight that's got a similar dual click adjustment.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Bogger

I was awake early last time and a little grumpy, any way. I've had all 3 sights and found all 3 actions similar but quality differ. First the SF. I found this sight look's the part but the front grub screw that holds the pin never tightened properly even when tightened to death, the buzz off this nearly drove me nuts. Saying that the price is quite reasonable and with a bit of lateral thinking this can be over come. Dual Click Aluminum This was the first quality sight I've had and have had no regrets. Reliable sight, worth the money to me. Ultima (carbon) This is the sight I currently use but that being said I do not find a big difference (80$ difference) between both. Do not get me wrong I love this sight, I believe it takes (a little) more of the vibration(but this is minimal) more than the Dual Click Aluminum. Alas which is better? depends what you need. If you are just starting I would invest my money in something more fundamental ( parts of these sight blocks wear out too quickly for a long term investment). If possible try each of these sights.
I do believe we come to the answer that can be the most honest, yet, most frustrating in archery. It is an individual thing that each archer must discover for themselves. What suits you.

darthTer

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
One reason I opted for the Ultima was the fact that you got full use of the sight track. There is no big knurly knob at the bottom which wastes approx 20mm of sight travel.

Been shooting the Ultima carbon for a few years now, with absolutely no issues at all. you just set it & forget it. Is that worth an extra $80, difficult to say, but if you can afford that extra, I would go for it!!!

CharlesBlacks

Decided to go with the Shibuya Dual Click Aluminum. Ordered the blue color.

The store doesn't have stock, and needed to order. May take up to two months to get it. So, they suggested to consider W&W WS600 ($30 more than Dual Click), as this is available now. Should I continue with this Dual Click order and wait or opt for the W&W sight instead?

EVC

I would go with the WS600. Good sight. Mechanically similar to the Dual Click but with a carbon extension arm. I have one on my (currently) main bow. BTW I have an Ultima on the (currently - until I get a new pair of limbs) spare one.

HTH.

Elder.