Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
Discuss Ex-Prime limbs to be phased out at the Recurve Bow within Archery Interchange Forums; Buy the Uukhas, I guarantee you will be blown away by them....
    In the Blue
    Buy the Uukhas, I guarantee you will be blown away by them.

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only 1.50 per month. Thank you!

In the Blue
    you might try and find out what limbs Darrell Pace used all those years ago to shoot 1341 (in 1979). Did they even have carbon fibre limbs back then? Todays mid priced limbs are better than the top line limbs of 20yrs ago, which indicates it's how you shoot them that's more important. While I love my EX Powers, they ain't necessary for 1st class. Yesterday I shot 574 at 70m with a pair of 30lb w&w challenger limbs that coat 80 in 2003, mismatched arrows too!

In the Blue AIUK subscriber.

Didn't Robin Hood do a similar thing at a hundred paces in the middle ages?
    I like technology, it makes my life easier. It may not make me a "bowman" (I'll look it up) but I'll take any advance in technology wether it improves my scores or not-but makes my archery "easier"
    As a btw, I tried some 7yr old Border limbs tonight, so smooth & 4-6lb heavier than the limbs I'm using now-but easier to draw, who wouldn't want a limb (if I stay at the same poundage) that would be like pulling a limb "X" number of lbs lighter.
    I won't get a higher score (that comes with technique & arrows down the field) but an easier & more consistent "setup" would improve my enjoyment.
    BTW I started playing tennis at 5, gave up wooden racquets as a teenager, alloys through 20s & 30s, composite alloys in my 40s & finished my tennis life career using carbon composite racquets. None of which made me a better tennis player-but made my tennis easier. My Dunlop woodies cost 25 & with sponsored discount I was getting my CF racquets 500 (matched pairs-same batch numbers) I know which racquets I'd choose if I had a match tomorrow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12