Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kurtz
Discuss goldseeker bow at the Recurve Bow within Archery Interchange UK Forums; Hi there is a goldseeker bow on ebay - any info on these bows? Are ...
    In the White
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks

goldseeker bow

Hi there is a goldseeker bow on ebay - any info on these bows?
    Are they worth throwing 40 at?

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only 1.50 per month. Thank you!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    Is it a wooden Goldseeker or an Alloy?

The alloy was based on the Hoyt TD1, which was a very successful bow in it's day. Samick then reproduced the bow, but Severn Products who had things branded Goldseeker had their name put on it. It does not have interchangeable limbs (ILF) so you are stuck if things go wrong. The metal risers also suffered with metal fatigue just where the centre long rod bushing is and quite a few busted across the lower grip area. You might also have a problem with the sight bushings as, if I remember correctly, M3 thread, whch could cause you a few problems with modern sight blocks/screws.
    Probably worth 20.00

ExArcher might know a bit more as being a skin flint, I think he shot one. I shot the Hoyt version.
    A Champion becomes a Champion by doing something different from everyone else.

In the White
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    Thanks for the info - think l will give it a miss.
    I assume it is alloy as it has "stabilisers". Price already at over 50 and too much money to throw if it is a bit of a dud.
    If you know of a good set up for a left hander 64inch with a poundage of 30 or 32 could you let me know?
    thanks again

In the Green
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    l am a amazed how much some gear sells for on Ebay. just watched a winstar riser go for 102 + 10 postage. They 118 new from Perris, so why????.

In the White
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    I think people just get carried away when bidding and don't bother to find out what the item is worth.
    Maybe it would be easier for me to buy new when l look at some of the prices on there, especially the bow which is set up wrong - l am a beginer and even l recognise that it is wrong and expensive!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by head2head View Post
    I think people just get carried away when bidding and don't bother to find out what the item is worth.
    Spot on Head2Head, some people take auctions very personally and make it more of getting one over on the other guy rather than picking a value for an item and sticking at that.

A few years ago I went to a fishing tackle auction. I'd been down the day before to pick up the catalogue and had then written the costs of anything I was interested in, in the margins.
    Just before the sale started, while we were looking at the lots, a guy asked me if I knew how much a particular tackle box was to buy. I told him that it was 18.99 from the local tackle shops and that, given VAT and auctioneers charges, it wasn't worth bidding more than about 13 for one.

In the auction he got into a bidding contest with another guy and not only bid 25 for one but then went and did the same for another one. He could have bought 3 of them at the local tackle shop for what he ended up paying and still had change.

Some people can't tell the difference between being competitive and just plain daft.

Regards

Jim

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    The chances of riser failure are less with the lower powered limbs. I had a gold seeker gs turbo a while back not a bad bow I managed to shoot a 570 portsmouth with it, using jazz arrows.
    just point,pull & squeeze the trigger

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    Yes, Jerry..they were a good bow and as you say, some very good scores were shot with them. If it wasn't for the age of the one on ebay, then it could prove a good buy..or as it was with some of these risers..good bye!
    A Champion becomes a Champion by doing something different from everyone else.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    The only thing left handed that is worth the money on Ebay that might interest you at the moment is a Spigarelli Revolution riser. It is an ILF limb riser and comes with a clicker and arrow rest fitted. I don't think it will go for a high price because it is an unusual riser and left handed. Unusual it may be but it is a good mid level riser.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Bloke View Post
    Yes, Jerry..they were a good bow and as you say, some very good scores were shot with them. If it wasn't for the age of the one on ebay, then it could prove a good buy..or as it was with some of these risers..good bye!
    That's why I was using the Jazz arrows I would not like to have used ACE's with that bow.Too much stress.

In the White
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    Did look at that and thought it looked very strange. Just looked up the price as new and they sell for 248. I will watch with interest and see if l can get it for about half that price.
    I will probably get some cheap basic limbs as l am sure my poundage will increase as l improve - well heres hoping anyway.

In the Green
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    hi guys ive been reading your feedback on the goldseeker bow ive not shot with one before but ive grown up through the evolution of the bows ime now in my 50s and started shooting in 68 at that time most of the bows of course were wood the first alloy bows all suffered from riser stress breakages /failure it took a while to get it right ,in england the best bows on the shooting line were of course the hoyts who i dont believe have ever produced a bad bow i shot the first radian in 94 it was the first of the cnc generation primarily designed by rick mackinny who could bash out 1300 points on any bow when the rest of us were looking to shoot 1200 at that time in england their were only a handful of archers capable of shooting a 1200 round infact their was not a single 1300 star in the country in the early 70s wilson produced some very capable bows as did yamaha my point here is that their were failures throughout the alloy risers so to say that the goldseeker had issues is correct but put it in perspective?
    as for the price for these old bows i think that its a question of if you like the look of it pay what you can afford as thats its value, and the really great thing about the online marketplace is that you can buy and sell cheaply where as years ago we would have our bows which all cost a small fortune in relation to our incomes and we stuck with what we had as their was no market for used equipment outside of the club my first bow was a wooden agincout that my father bought for me from quicks in portsmouth he drove from tiptree in essex to quicks and i spent the day their selecting a set of arrows
    i used the same bow and arrows to win many competitions both club and national and achieved my junior master bowmans rank with it ihad a simple sight with no stabalizers. i think that these days their are far too many tackle tarts who think they need the best kit on the planet to be able to compete which just is not the case as these days the basic entry level bows are probably better than most archers will ever need to fulfill their skll level and no amount of money spent is going to make any difference, i have several old hoyt pro-medalist bows that i use for target days and i can shoot a 1200 fita round with any of them should i want to, the bows although now vintage are as near perfect as a bow gets i think its really about
    what you think you are comfortable with buy all the kit you like try it and sell it on at the end of the day you will be richer for the experience,
    so when you next ask the question is it value for money the answer is always going to be a big yes.

kurtz
    Berny likes this.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    Kurtz did you see the date of the last post?

Eat, Drink, Shoot, Enjoy.
    Eat, drink, shoot, enjoy.

In the Green
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    hi i did not but i see your point ,had the internet been invented then? ha

kurtz