AIUK Ironman Challenge 2014
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Discuss goldseeker bow at the Recurve Bow within Archery Interchange UK Forums; Hi there is a goldseeker bow on ebay - any info on these bows? Are ...
    In the White
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks

goldseeker bow

Hi there is a goldseeker bow on ebay - any info on these bows?
    Are they worth throwing 40 at?

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only 1.50 per month. Thank you!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    Is it a wooden Goldseeker or an Alloy?

The alloy was based on the Hoyt TD1, which was a very successful bow in it's day. Samick then reproduced the bow, but Severn Products who had things branded Goldseeker had their name put on it. It does not have interchangeable limbs (ILF) so you are stuck if things go wrong. The metal risers also suffered with metal fatigue just where the centre long rod bushing is and quite a few busted across the lower grip area. You might also have a problem with the sight bushings as, if I remember correctly, M3 thread, whch could cause you a few problems with modern sight blocks/screws.
    Probably worth 20.00

ExArcher might know a bit more as being a skin flint, I think he shot one. I shot the Hoyt version.
    A Champion becomes a Champion by doing something different from everyone else.

In the White
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    Thanks for the info - think l will give it a miss.
    I assume it is alloy as it has "stabilisers". Price already at over 50 and too much money to throw if it is a bit of a dud.
    If you know of a good set up for a left hander 64inch with a poundage of 30 or 32 could you let me know?
    thanks again

In the Green
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    l am a amazed how much some gear sells for on Ebay. just watched a winstar riser go for 102 + 10 postage. They 118 new from Perris, so why????.

In the White
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    I think people just get carried away when bidding and don't bother to find out what the item is worth.
    Maybe it would be easier for me to buy new when l look at some of the prices on there, especially the bow which is set up wrong - l am a beginer and even l recognise that it is wrong and expensive!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by head2head View Post
    I think people just get carried away when bidding and don't bother to find out what the item is worth.
    Spot on Head2Head, some people take auctions very personally and make it more of getting one over on the other guy rather than picking a value for an item and sticking at that.

A few years ago I went to a fishing tackle auction. I'd been down the day before to pick up the catalogue and had then written the costs of anything I was interested in, in the margins.
    Just before the sale started, while we were looking at the lots, a guy asked me if I knew how much a particular tackle box was to buy. I told him that it was 18.99 from the local tackle shops and that, given VAT and auctioneers charges, it wasn't worth bidding more than about 13 for one.

In the auction he got into a bidding contest with another guy and not only bid 25 for one but then went and did the same for another one. He could have bought 3 of them at the local tackle shop for what he ended up paying and still had change.

Some people can't tell the difference between being competitive and just plain daft.

Regards

Jim

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast