Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Discuss How much at the Recurve Bow within Archery Interchange Forums; Hi guys, what is this setup worth? Guy wants for it around 240 I know ...
    In the Green
    Thanks

How much

Hi guys, what is this setup worth? Guy wants for it around 240
    I know I've just started couple of months ago but seriously consider buying it if it's a bargain. If it isn't I can wait a few more months to upgrade. The limb are quite stiff but I should be fine in couple of months, what you reckon?

It looks like tithe riser is w&w as well just can't seem to find what model is it.
    Limbs are 38lbs on 68"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only 1.50 per month. Thank you!

In the White
    Thanks
    Had a quick look on a couple of websites - can't find those limbs or that riser on any UK site. Did manage to find the limbs on a US site, going for $549.00 USD new (approx 420 on today's currency exchange). Someone paying that sort of money for a set of limbs, I would expect the riser to be worth AT THE VERY LEAST, 200 but probably more (there don't seem to be many W&W risers on the market for less than that). So, logically (and please bear in mind that I'm new to archery and have no idea whether or not this stuff holds it's value), I would say it's quite possibly a good bargain, providing they're not broken or faulty in some way.

However, one thing I did notice that the limbs (INNO POWER) apparently aren't as good as the ones widely available in the UK (INNO EX POWER). That's according to several forum posts (here and elsewhere).

It's an X, it is no more. AIUK subscriber. Rik's Avatar
    Thanks
    The riser appears to be a second generation Winact. Not the one W&W made as their top end riser, but the one they used as an intermediate. Early 2000s?

I can't comment on the value. As a combination, it looks reasonable, but I've not used those limbs/handle.

But 38? How big a jump is that from what you've been using?
    Ever tried? Ever failed?
    Try again. Fail again. Fail better! - Beckett

The marksman who hesitates is lost. Just take it for granted that you are going to hit and fire away before you have time to doubt the certainty of success. - Annie Oakley, 1894.

In the Green
    Thanks
    It's a massive jump but if I decide to stick with it I will go through 32lbs. I'm with 26lbs samick Polaris right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the White
    Thanks
    Without wanting to go off-topic (though I blatantly am...) what's considered a reasonable jump as far as limb poundage is concerned? Reason I ask is that I went from a 68"26lb training bow to a 66"26lb bow after being measured up properly, which felt a lot better even though the 26lb limbs felt a bit light for my liking. I was planning a jump to 30-32lb limbs, does anyone see any issues with that? I've shot 45lb bows recently and didn't have much issue, though I wouldn't want to jump that high for regular usage.

In the Gold
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Witty_Banter View Post
    Had a quick look on a couple of websites - can't find those limbs or that riser on any UK site. Did manage to find the limbs on a US site, going for $549.00 USD new (approx 420 on today's currency exchange). Someone paying that sort of money for a set of limbs, I would expect the riser to be worth AT THE VERY LEAST, 200 but probably more (there don't seem to be many W&W risers on the market for less than that). So, logically (and please bear in mind that I'm new to archery and have no idea whether or not this stuff holds it's value), I would say it's quite possibly a good bargain, providing they're not broken or faulty in some way.

However, one thing I did notice that the limbs (INNO POWER) apparently aren't as good as the ones widely available in the UK (INNO EX POWER). That's according to several forum posts (here and elsewhere).
    This guy's BUYING so use the words "worth AT THE VERY MOST" rather than least.
    Its a 15+ year old bow that, if my memory serves me well, retailed for 350 brand new (500 for a whole kit). As a buyer, I'd start at 1/3 retail price and be prepared to come up a bit (max 1/2)
    So, 1. try it out (shoot it), 2. get a friend (club member, experienced archer) to look it over, 3. offer well under your happy price and see if you can get a good deal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Witty_Banter View Post

This guy's BUYING so use the words "worth AT THE VERY MOST" rather than least.
    Its a 15+ year old bow that, if my memory serves me well, retailed for 350 brand new (500 for a whole kit). As a buyer, I'd start at 1/3 retail price and be prepared to come up a bit (max 1/2)
    So, 1. try it out (shoot it), 2. get a friend (club member, experienced archer) to look it over, 3. offer well under your happy price and see if you can get a good deal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast