Hoyt Aerotec

Hood-Robin

Interesting comment passed to me from a Judge at a shoot last sunday about my adult son and my riser, both using 25" Aerotec risers. His comment was be very careful the rear bar does not touch your wrist as this will make the shot illegal. My rear bar is about 35mm from my wrist, but my son who has only been shooting six months was occasionally touching his wrist with the rear riser bar, he now dos,nt. Anybody else had this problem. I suppose it could be interpreted as an illegal shooting aid. Good one Hoyt!!!!! I have never had a problem with this riser on any FITA shoots I wonder where this problem stems from.

greydog

There is a similar issue with compounds using a shoot through cable system, or some types of rear mounted doinkers. Usually if these are pressing against your arm you will not put the arrow where you wanted anyway :boggled:

It's a shame when you spend time and money on a sport you enjoy, and the moment you get to a tournement you're already in violation of a few regulations by the time you've set your bow up.......nice one FITA:knockout:

jerryRTD

This FITA ruling about only one part of the bow touching a person is some thing I have to be careful of as well when I am shooting my Pro Eagle. It has a back beam as well that carries the timing cable.

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
The FITA rule actually says:
7.3.1.1.2 Risers including a brace are permitted provided the brace does
not consistently touch the athlete?s hand or wrist.
Their emphasis...
Though it has to be said, if you're touching the brace on a Hoyt bow, you're doing something wrong (and probably hitting your arm fairly badly as well...), unless you have *really* wide arms. The rule was brought in (I believe) to stop the introduction of bow designs which would let you rest bits against your arm as an aid to allignment.

Hellboy

When I first bought my aerotec I thought it would be a problem. However, when I started shooting it it was well-clear of my wrist and I have never had a problem with it. Some of my friends who have shot Hoyt risers said they had trouble taking the bow off their stands due to the tec-bridge becoming caught.

Marcus26

Hold the bow correctly and it won't be a problem. It's a good rule of FITAs as it stops someone creating a brace between teh riser and the arm.

Wayne.houston

I remember being warned about the rule when I bought mine. It was quickly dispelled after chatting to another judge.

He said that if the touch was unintentional and only happened every so often it would be more than likely that the archer wouldn't be shooting at his best due to inconsitant form. This rule is in place to guide the judge towards high scoring archers who maybe looking for an advantage.

It's all in the technique. I tried to simulate it, but I couldn't bend my arm that far to get it to touch.

Rhys

AIUK Saviour
Another case of a bored judge finding something to do with his time