hoyt G3 limbs

Prockers

Why would you want to when border can sell you a pair of theirs at about ?250 and their faster, smoother and britisher!

Ceri Jones

Ironman
Border.....enough said really.

hes right why spend ?315 on G3, read the posts about them, they do have a few problems

Random_guy

Just to give a semi-balanced view, that appears to be about the best price for G3's, but winnex's are now substantially cheaper, despite being at least on a par, if not better for most ppl than the G3's. Its one of those try before you buy moments again..... maybe we need an automatic reply to all the questions about kit!

stuart

Thanks for all the extra information that I neither asked for or needed. I only asked it anyone knew where to get them cheaper!

Allvyn

The only thing I can think about is getting them 2nd hand off ebay but you'll lose the warranty and considering the number of delamination cases out there, I wouldn't think of it as a wise decision.

J

John (OSF)

Thanks for all the extra information that I neither asked for or needed. I only asked it anyone knew where to get them cheaper!
Well said, I think it's sad the way g3's are constantly attacked on this forum.

Shirt

You're more than allowed an opinion, just don't tell everyone at every opportunity because it gets awfully boring.

For G3s, have a look on Archerytalk.com in the FITA section - you may well find what you need cheaply, but there's a restricted selection of sizes... :)

worthipa

Supporter
Supporter
The only thing I can think about is getting them 2nd hand off ebay but you'll lose the warranty and considering the number of delamination cases out there, I wouldn't think of it as a wise decision.
An odd argument this one.

Most of the posts I've read on the matter seem to say/imply that the limbs that delaminated (various reports, various limbs) were new/nearly new. In the UK under the Sale of Goods Act If the fault happens within six months of you buying the goods, the trader has to prove that they were not faulty when you bought them. After six months, you have to prove it.

If goods are faulty, the seller must offer you either:
Free repair, not much use for limbs
Replacement
Credit note. Obviously you would only accept a credit note if you want to buy a replacement in the same shop - you don't have to take it.
You don't have to accept any of these - you can insist on getting your money back of course.
Presuming most of the "delaminated" limbs were bought from shops to where they were returned for a refund/replacement everyone's happy.

On the other hand, usually the G3's on Ebay are used, possibly for a year or maybe more, looking at the ones currently on Ebay.com that seems to be the case. By my logic therefore, if they haven't fallen to bits during the time the original owner had them they are probably a good buy!

Allvyn

An odd argument this one.

Most of the posts I've read on the matter seem to say/imply that the limbs that delaminated (various reports, various limbs) were new/nearly new. In the UK under the Sale of Goods Act If the fault happens within six months of you buying the goods, the trader has to prove that they were not faulty when you bought them. After six months, you have to prove it.

If goods are faulty, the seller must offer you either:
Free repair, not much use for limbs
Replacement
Credit note. Obviously you would only accept a credit note if you want to buy a replacement in the same shop - you don't have to take it.
You don't have to accept any of these - you can insist on getting your money back of course.
Presuming most of the "delaminated" limbs were bought from shops to where they were returned for a refund/replacement everyone's happy.

On the other hand, usually the G3's on Ebay are used, possibly for a year or maybe more, looking at the ones currently on Ebay.com that seems to be the case. By my logic therefore, if they haven't fallen to bits during the time the original owner had them they are probably a good buy!
Interesting. That means the usual delamination cases could be a case of the glue not being applied properly and thus shooting a few months would help determine if they were up to par. I just might get a pair off ebay if I ever wanna upgrade from my vectors :innocent:

J

John (OSF)

You're more than allowed an opinion, just don't tell everyone at every opportunity because it gets awfully boring.

For G3s, have a look on Archerytalk.com in the FITA section - you may well find what you need cheaply, but there's a restricted selection of sizes... :)
I agree, now we know who put the 'BORE' in border

Rhys

AIUK Saviour
Be careful if you buy off ebay and dont lose your head, i've seen limbs end up being sold to within ?20 of new price on there.

That said i bought myself some G3's a month ago of ebay and they seemed to have been well looked after.