Discuss IFAA Traditional Recurve Bow class at the Recurve Bow within Archery Interchange Forums; I have been looking at the rules for this new class and in particular the ...
    RMH
    In the Blue
    Thanks

IFAA Traditional Recurve Bow class

I have been looking at the rules for this new class and in particular the following:

"The arrow shall be shot from the hand or from the bow shelf. For protection against
    wear and tear, the shelf may contain a thin plate (leather or felt patch against the
    riser) and a piece of felt, rug or skin (or similar material) on the shelf."

Would I be right to assume that you will be allowed a match/cocktail stick behind the arrow plate to centre the arrow on risers cut well past centre?

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only 1.50 per month. Thank you!

It's an X AIUK subscriber. Timid Toad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Or several layers of leather/felt.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams

RMH
    In the Blue
    Thanks
    The description states a thin plate but Im not sure how they expect you to tune an arrow to a bow cut way past centre with a thin plate? I'm sure it's just the wording but it's always best to check I guess

Thanks
    As they don't specify the thickness so they can hardly DQ you for a too thick strike plate. Somebody tried to pull me up on Longbow Inspection over my strike plate being higher than the arrow, I asked them to show me where it says that in the rule book. Always take a rule book with you to Bow inspection.

I did bow inspection at World Indoors, about 5 Longbows came and complained that I passed a Longbow with Metal/wood riser section(before 2 piece TD was allowed), I told them to go and read the rule book.

Who thinks up these rules? Shield Fletch only, what difference does Parabolic over Shield make apart from aesthetics

It's a shame they created a new div (IFAA have way too many already) I would have preferred they made Bowhunter Rec a wood riser only and leave the Carbon/Metal risers for Barebow, same as WA3D.