Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Discuss International limb fitting ?? at the Recurve Bow within Archery Interchange UK Forums; And consider this my friends. If the limbs are loose to fit into the riser ...
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    And consider this my friends. If the limbs are loose to fit into the riser and are loose when in the riser what is it that will stop them from being loose when you shoot them? The string? Left, Left, right, right, middle, middle, left, right, middle, right, right, middle, middle, left, left, left, sounds familiar? Stuck on a score and no matter how many more arrows you shoot can't improve on your best score? Find yourself changing your sight windage even when shooting indoors from one night to another and during the night? Tuned perfect one day and so bad the next you think you need another spine of arrow? Knackering you pressure button trying to tune an arrow you know is right for the bow? and you constantly thinking, what did I do with that one? Shooting outside you find your arrows going AGAINST the wind? Ah yes aren't the international limbs just the best. Good old Stylist, Portland, Whiteheart, K.G, Marksman Meteor, O.K.Sportbogen, Yamaha, Hoyt G.M..Goldseeker Turbo, Bernie the bolt please.!
    Ever considered why it is that the scores (en masse) today are lower than what they were 20 years ago despite carbon this and carbon that, fastflight this and fastflight that, stabiliser this and stabiliser that.
    Me and my Portland are doing fine, just fine.

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only 1.50 per month. Thank you!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    Have to agree with OldBloke. What's wanted is a Hoyt Limb Fitting upgrade kit - a 4" bolt that runs through the limb and the riser

HAving said that the location pins on my old KG1 got so worn that you could rock the (loose) limb tips sideways an inch. Case of align the limbs and screw the bolt down hard - and sometimes they still shifted.
    Joe

It's an X I've taken part in an AIUK Ironman Shoot. Wrexham Exile's Avatar
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    if the scores en masse are lower then why are the classification scores going up? not "being funny" - genuine question

steve - like people have already said i think its to do with slight variation between manufacturers. maybe after a bit of use they will slide in easier
    grab a fist full of bow, a hand full of arrow and keep fighting.

Moderator I've taken part in an AIUK American Shoot.I've taken part in an AIUK Ironman Shoot.The Fonz Award.AIUK subscriber. Little Miss Purple's Avatar
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DMU_AC View Post
    if the scores en masse are lower then why are the classification scores going up? not "being funny" - genuine question

Because the top archers are getting very close to 'ACEing' many rounds??
    Purple Mafia

Luck is what you have left over after you give 100%

It's an X I've taken part in an AIUK Ironman Shoot. Wrexham Exile's Avatar
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    but that shouldnt effect the classifications as a whole - i thought they went on % of the archery population.

eg bowmen is 5% of archers etc

if the scores en masse were lower then surely the lower classifications would go down/stay the same.
    grab a fist full of bow, a hand full of arrow and keep fighting.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    Somewhat off topic but;
    It's the distribution of archers between classifications that's gone out of kilter. For recurve, archers straight off a beginners course are making 3rd class immediately and rapidly progressing to 2nd/1st class. Whereas at one time many archers just used to stick at this level there is much more information around these days about good shooting technique that will get you further improvement. Any archer with a basically correct technique will shoot 1st class/bowman however little practice they do. With GNAS plans to eventually get a reasonable standard of coaching at club level you will end up with 90% of recreational archers being 1st class or bowman.

Situation even worse with compound. Entry level is 1st class/bowman and shoot a bit and you make MB.
    Joe

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast